Bell Ghisallo Helmets

Bell Ghisallo Road Helmet Features 17 huge vents to usher cool air through interior ventilation channels. Fusion In-mold Microshell, In-mold bottom wrap, clear GSP fit system. Internal reinforcemnet.. Cam-Lock levers. Vents 17 weight 10.6oz

[Mar 09, 2010]
Wendy Costello

OVERALL

THIS HELMET IS AWESOME, I RIDE ABOUT 1OO TO 150 MILES WEEK DURING SEASON AND I CRASHED HARD THIS WEEK AT ABOUT 20MPH, BOUNCED PRETTY WELL, I REMEMBER BOUNCING FROM THE RIGHT SIDE TO THE LEFT AND WAITING FOR MY HEAD TO HIT THE PAVEMENT AND WAITING FOR THE PAIN....NONE, I WAS ASTOUNDED THAT THE HELMET ABSORBED SO MUCH OF THE IMPACT. IT CRACKED IN TWO PLACES. SAVED MY NOGGIN!!! LOOKING FOR A NEW ONE!

[Sep 17, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Enough vents to do a reasonable job of keeping you cool. Good fit for a large head.

They need to rethink the way the sweat gets routed on a hard ride. Often got into my eyes--especially when in a tuck. Bought a Halo headband.

I bought this product because it fit my head--as simple as that. I crashed yesterday at about 35 mph going down a hill. I hit the back of my head as I went over my handlebars. I am writing this with road rashes all over and still a bit of fuzziness--but I AM writing this. This is not a unique product--but that is the point: helmets work.

[Dec 21, 2008]
Mr. Z

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, fits my head perfectly, the color scheme is cool

Price, but you know how the saying goes: $10 helmet, $10 head. $500 helmet...etc...

For some reason I thought Bell was a lesser product than Giro; to my surprise my LBS told me they're owned by the same people. The only difference is the shape. Giro=round skulls, Bell=oval.

Giro whatever

[Mar 04, 2008]
tonyzackery

OVERALL
Strength:

The thing worked as designed.

Another crash survivor and thankfully the brainbucket sacrificed itself for my sake.

[Jun 09, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

(Apparent) safety design, fit, strap routing

300g weight may be higher than some (haven't much noticed); pad separated from velcro after many sweat-filled months - Bell sent me a new one, free.

The Bell Ghisallo helmet is a worthy product with good fit characteristics (roc-lok, pad placement), especially for my oval head shape. No endo test yet, but confidence-inspiring.

Rollerblade helmets
Previously did not subscribe to bike helmet mantra

[Mar 12, 2007]
bigjohnson54

OVERALL
Strength:

IT DOES THE JOB and it's comfortable

NONE. just don't forget to put it on

I wanted a good helmet and Bell has had a good name for years. It adjusts to your head really easy and it is comfortable, and as I found out yesterday it really does work I got tangled up with a dog at about 22mph and landed on my head really hard, I think my head hit at least twice. I did see some stars for a while and was bruised up but the Ghisallo did its job. the helmet was broken in about 8 places, but my head was in one piece. I am going to get another one, and I hope I don't need to test it out

ONLY BELL

[Nov 20, 2006]
jay325xi

OVERALL
Strength:

Fantastic impact characteristics
Easy to change fit with the dial adjuster.

None.

Yesterday I Somersaulted onto my lower-back and head at ~24 mph. My head hit so hard I thought I was seriously screwed. Helmet kept my brains in my head. In fact my head is just as good as it was before the crash. My back is hamburger. I already ordered a new Ghisallo.

Giro and other assorted Bells.

[Apr 27, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit, looks, protection, price.

This is my 3rd Bell helmet in a row and the best fitting helmet I've ever worn. I've tried on most other brands and just don't quite get the great fit Bells give me - this thing feels like it is hermetically sealed to my head without being too tight. Airflow is great, fit is great, looks are great, and from other reviews posted by crash victims, protection is great too. And, for a full-on, TdF-worthy racing helmet, the price is reasonable too. At anywhere from 80 to $100, this is cheap brain insurance - buy it, your head is worth it.

Other Bells, tried on: Trek, Giro, Specialized.

[Apr 19, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit-lock system is the best for making sure the helmet is on right. It is light weight, well vented and worth every penny.

Doesn't come in color to match my orange bike ;-D

Crashed @ 18 mph. Helmet fully cracked on left side; partial cracks on front and right front. Doc says helmet saved me from stroking out. Bell replacing helmet for $35 (they apparently have program to study crashed helmets for R&D)

[Apr 19, 2006]
teadrinker

OVERALL
Strength:

The fit-lock system is the best. I had my helmet on just right, so the helmet caught the blunt force.

None that I detected.

Unseen gravel caused my bike to slide out from me at 18 mph. Fully cracked my Bell ghisallo on the left side where my head slammed into the pavement. Helmet had two other incomplete cracks. Suffered concussion, but never lost consciousness. Doc says helmet saved me from stroking out. Best of all, Bell is sending me a replacement for $35--they apparently collect crashed helmets to improve their R&D.