Bell Solar Helmets

Bell Solar Road Cycling Helmet is the perfect choice for anyone needing world-class protection and ventilation without the high price normally associated with high-performance helmets. 23 cavernous ventilation ports, fusion inmold system and the ergofit dial system ensure comfort and cooling.

[Mar 03, 2017]
Mark Nicol

OVERALL
Strength:

Really secure fit plus better side of head protection than most

Straps can be fiddly but once setup that's it good to go every ride

I had a major off while out on my road bike doing about 20mph
Went down hard with the side of my head impacting hard on the road. Walked away unscathed to my head. Helmet was a complete write off. It stayed in place. Cannot say more really. I am an xl size and this helmet fits best. Big side impact and the shape and the peak on this helmet also saved my face. Will buy bell always now.

[Nov 22, 2014]
Doug Green

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, well ventilated, light weight, reasonably easy to adjust size, decent looking

straps are slightly clunky, fits some heads better than others.

This helmet is quite good, comfortable, surprisingly well ventilated, light weight (10 ounces) and amazingly inexpensive for the quality. The straps can be a bit cumbersome to adjust, but you only need to do it once. It doesn't interfere with my glasses. I don't really understand why people would spend 4x as much for something when this helmet does the job perfectly well.