Lazer Sport Genesis RD Helmets

• rigidity brace system for multi-impact resistance
  • Includes carrying bag and extra set of pads
  • 324 grams
  • Patent-pending Rollsys fit system helps keep the helmet in place
  • 19 vents
  • Size Guidelines
  • XS/M 50-57cm
  • L/XL 58-61cm

• USER REVIEWS

[Feb 29, 2012]
    Mega man

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort , ventilation

rusted magnetic closure on chin strap

Have had this helmet for one year , ventilation excellent , comfort great , but now and that's a BIG but , the magnetic closing catch on the chin strap has rusted completely to dust , rendering the helmet useless ... AMAZZZING but true .!!!

[Jun 08, 2010]
    senortorero

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfortable retension system; easy to adjust rentesion system; cycling hats fit well under it; looks/style

Ventilation; weight; cannot place glasses in helmet; only 2 sizes

Bought this to replace my Bell Sweep which served me well for years. My LBS didn't carry Bell/Giro so my options were Specialized or Lazer (available through special order at almost any bike shop since they are distributed by QBP). I didn't like the look of the Specialized so I went with the Lazer Genesis. The retention system interested me, as my only complaint about the Bell was that occationally sweat would drip from my head going up against the helmet. The Lazer's retension system is very comfortable, it wraps around your head like a sweatband. It's very easy to adjust since it only takes a turn of the roller on the top of the helment. A side plus is that hats do not conflict with the fit. My main complaint about the helmet is the ventilation and the weight. The channels do not seem to be very deep and the ventilation along the side of the head is poor. My Bell was noticably lighter. Since the ventilation is poor I often have to remove my glasses when climbing, however, they do not fit in the vents so I have to put them in my pockets which is a bit annoying. I wear a size medium in Bell and got the Lazer in a L/XL, which is what the size chart said for my head circumference. The L/Xl might have been a bit too large. At first the helmet felt like a bobblehead, but after a while I got used to it and it feels fine. All in all I wish I had stuck with Bell which fit my head well and had great ventilation or gone with the Specialized which I hear has great ventilation.

Bell Sweep

[Mar 19, 2010]
    Dargo200

OVERALL
    Strength:

Fit system is great, comfortable & easy to set up.

Chin straps maybe a problem for people with odd shaped heads (like me).

All in all a great helmet. Looks awesome & it fits around the head remarkably well. The only thing that I disliked (and it's only a small dislike) was the chin straps. For the price I paid I would have expected the strapping to have fit a little better under the ears but I'm sure that with some more wearing in it will no longer be a problem.

Lazer o2, Lazer Blade & Blade 2's

[Jul 15, 2009]
    Tim

OVERALL
    Strength:

Fit, Styling

Hard to find

I recently bought the Lazer Genesis RD "Team" in red and white after thoroughly researching all the comparable options (Giro Atmos, Louis Garneau Exo-Nerv, etc). What drew me to the Genesis were three things: its shape (it's the least bulbous of the leading helmets); the Rollsys system (this truly is a major advantage); and the styling (in every respect, this helmet screams sleek). So far, I've used it a half dozen times and I've been very pleased. I have an exceptionally large head (7 3/4 inches) and the L/XL helmet, the larger of the two options (it also comes in S/M) fits like a glove. If you're looking for a great alternative to Giro, and you're not intimidated by sleek, eye-catching Euro styling (not to mention an A+ fit) this could be the helmet for you.

Giro Atmos, Louis Garneau Exo-Nerv

[Dec 26, 2008]
    jpdigital

OVERALL
    Strength:

Fit system feels amazing

Vents may not allow you to fit your sunglassses in the helmet (if that's important to you, the the feel of the fit make it irrelavant)

Looks great IMO. Fits & looks nice & close to the head. Increadible fit system wraps around your head w/ no pressure points. Plus is easy to adjust on-the-go.

Giros & Bells

[Aug 15, 2008]
    seeborough

OVERALL
    Strength:

Fit, price, sleek looks.

Excellent helmet. After being on the 'Giro crash 'n upgrade program' from the early Pneumo to the late Atmos days, I wanted something different. No regrets. Breezy, superior fit and much more streamlines looking than the Giro mushrooms. Slightly higher weight is a non issue.

Pneumo, Atmos, various GT and Specialized models

[Jun 08, 2008]

OVERALL
    Strength:

looks great

Maybe a nudge heavy compared with some in the same class

I'll admit i bought this helmet based on that its looks.
    The fitting mechanism works well.
    it's alot cheaper than most helmets in this top class.

I used bell up untill this purchase...