Limar 908 Helmets

• Technology: In-mold

[Jun 09, 2014]
t-crush

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight, airflow but mostly PROTECTION!

Didn't survive a crash that resulted in a helicopter ride and 4 days in the hospital. Really didn't expect it to though

It's always been difficult for me to find a helmet that fits comfortably. When I do, I tend to wear it no matter what kind of riding I'm doing. Almost 3 months ago I went over the bars on my MTB - broken collar bone, three fractured ribs, collapsed lung and I hit head first. Think of it as a human lawn-dart. Just enough momentum to get clear of the bike, but little enough so I 'stuck' the dismount, head first. I was out for about two minutes, and did get a really fun ride in the helicopter to our local Tier 1 trauma center, but the helmet did its job. Crushed in the right temple area, pretty much destroyed the foam inner shell, but I'm still here and just about to get back on the bike. Hard to argue with that.

Giro, Bell, Specialized...

[Jul 17, 2008]
Dave951

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight
Very Stylish
23 Air Vents
Highly Adjustable

None. This a truly great product.

Coming from a rider that really dislikes helmets but is required to wear them on group rides and races I must say that this helmet is truly excellent. Right away you'll notice the stylish look and ample venting of the 908. Its lightweight, has nice adjustable ratchet at the rear and a chin strap cushion. After a short while on a ride I hardly noticed I are wearing this thing!

Bell, Giro

[Mar 27, 2007]
kytyree

OVERALL
Strength:

-Comfortable
-Easy smooth adjustment
-Less than most helmets of this caliber
-comes in large sizes for those with large craniums

-not sold very many places in the US(in Europe you can order them from the company store)

Getting a new helmet is always a search for me as I have a pretty large grape and many helmets aren't made in my size. For a while I have used a Giro Pneumo but finally it was time for a new lid and though I considered getting another Giro as they fit me well and it was pretty comfortable, I thought why not get something different this time. So I went with the 908 after looking at Limar's website (pretty girls holding/wearing helmets) and reading some reviews. I was not disappointed, it fits great with a very comfortable cushioning system and I love the way it adjust in the back. For the money I think its is good buy considering what other helmets go for these days and I find it a very nice looking helmet. Feels nice and light on my head and the straps and overall finish of the helmet are on par with ones I have had costing twice this much.

Giro Pneumo, Bell

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.