Limar F105 Helmets

The ''bare-bones" F105 helmet is designed for road cycling without the added weight of a visor and backshell. Features: 22 high volume vents Weight: 250 grams for size S-M - 37 Vapor-flow vents - Removable Front Visor w/ Polycarbonate Reinforced Mold Construction - Backshell reinforcement for mastoid protection

[May 14, 2005]
ColdRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent ventilation Nice look (have the Carbon one) Confortable

Pricey when retail

Great helmet, excellent ventilation. I use to ride often without a helmet (way back when!) because I did not like the "heat". Bougth this one because of the cool looks and was on sale. Really feels like I am not wearing a helmet at all. Can't compare to any other helmets (had 2) but it is pretty lightweigth.

Louis garneau mid-80s Specialized

[Dec 05, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Air flow, comfort, easy adjustment, and rugged.

The velcro headband sucks. It wears out too quickly.

This helmet is the greatest. It is very comfortable and light. The helmet looks trick and the fast adjustments are convenient.

[Jun 14, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Coolmax cover for chinstrap, Retention system (one hand operation, and I'm not the best bike handler after the swim), feather weight (240 g) under 9 oz, nice color shcemes, fits a big head, big air vents.

price

Very comfortable, light weight, ample ventilation, sharp looking, IMO.

Giro, Bell

[May 02, 2004]
paluc52

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort for the large head size (esp. for the broad flat forehead). Good adjustments. Excellent padding w/ moisture wicking material.

Price. Get it on sale. But its worth it not to finish several hours in the saddle with dents in your forehead!

Italian, designed-in, comfort; great ventilation; light weight; looks as good as it feels.

Giro, Schwinn, LeMond

[Mar 26, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Reasonable price, light weight, great ventillation, good looks. Coolmax cover for chinstrap is a great idea.

sizing (your head may vary!) seems to run small. Straps may require some initial fiddling to achieve a good fit, but there's enough variability to achieve it.

The helmet is very light, provides excellent ventillation and good looks for a very reasonable price. In general, Limar line of helmets are one of the best looking out there, IMPO. The straps are relatively easy to work and provide a good degree of variability in fit, even though it could have been a little more adjustible (some strap loops are fixed). Word of caution - the sizing runs on the small side. The medium (54-57cm) barely fits someone like me (55.5 cm size, and it's pretty tight with the cycling cap or thin winter hat on) and I doubt it would fit a 57cm head. So if in doubt, get a larger size. The color schemes and 22-vent design is very nice, I actually prefer 105 model to 107 in terms of looks (105 has a "turbo" vent on top). 111 is nicer though, but the price bites. One unusual feature is chinstrap cover (soft Coolmax wrap that goes around the chinstrap to prevent chaffing).

Giro Pneumo, Bell Phi, etc.

[Aug 06, 2003]
innergel

OVERALL
Strength:

Well ventilated, fits perfectly, looks cool. Has a small coolmax wrap around the straps under your chin that keeps the irritation to a minimum. Pads are easy to remove and clean.

The forehead area and pads seem to channel sweat directly down my nose instead of off to the side. This is a minor annoyance and is most likely unavoidable riding in Texas in the summer.

This is one great helmet. After wearing my Specialized King Cobra for about 1/2 a season and never getting it to fit comfortably, I decided to switch. Seeing all the pro teams wear Limar helmets got me interested in this brand. I tried on every helmet and brand I could find, and could only find one Limar, and it fit better than any I had tried on. I was able to find one on ebay for 1/2 price, so I bought it. This helmet is well ventilated, fits perfectly and looks very cool. You can adjust it with one hand while you are riding. If this helmet fits your head shape, then buy one. You will not be disappointed.

Specialized King Cobra

[Apr 14, 2003]
Anton
Racer

OVERALL
Strength:

looks good, great fit for my on the big side noggen. great value for money. great ventilation

the shape might not be for everyone's head or taste

I needed a new helmet so i shopped around a bit then our club started using F105's. So the price was cheaper than most helmets I was looking at.

Bell forza2 , cratoni twister, met parabellum

[Oct 30, 2002]
blownpupil

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks ("carbon" color) Lightweight

Not as cool (temperature-wise) as I would like, but probably better for cooler weather

good looking and fitting helmet. Reasonable price. Comfortable.

bell, giro---didn't like how they looked on me

[Oct 08, 2002]
cdnrider

OVERALL
Strength:

Value priced. Light, low profile, well ventilated, excellent adjustment system, wide straps don't cut into your skin.

More exposed styrofoam than many of today's helmets, easier to damage.

I was looking to replace my Bell Evo2. I tried on almost every model of Bell and Giro helmet and had settled on the Giro Pneumo ($220 Cdn) when I happened to spot the F105 on sale. I tried it on and found it equally stylish and comfortable for less than half the price of the Giro.

Bell Evo2 and other Bell products

[Sep 01, 2002]
geocan

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, well made and vented.looks cool as well.

None really. I dis have difficulty with the straps but played with them till I got the right fit.

Picked up the limar the day i purchased my new road bike. It was the road helmet the LBS stocked and I got a discount due to the bike purchase. I have traditionally used Bell products but am happy with the 105.

Bell Paradox and Tsunami Pro