Limar F107 Helmets

The F107 is an exceptional helmet for the protection it provides in such a compact helmet design. For 2002 the Race Proven F107 has been reinforced in the mastoid region to provide additional protection for the back of the head, making it one of the safest polycarbonate shell cycling helmets available. The F107 also includes a removable visor, giving you the option to use it on or off-road. With such features as Superior ventilation, precision fit Sizing System comfort, and a Coolmax® inner pad kit, its no coincidence that it is used by so many pro teams, including: Team CSC Tiscali, Telekom, Gary Fisher, Navigators, and Paola Pezzo. The F107 packs superior protection and a lot of great features into a truly compact helmet. - 37 Vapor-flow vents - Removable Front Visor w/ Polycarbonate Reinforced Mold Construction - Backshell reinforcement for mastoid protection

[Oct 21, 2006]
Spencer

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, fits well, easy to adjust.

Very poor/pain-causing design where front strap meets helmet.

I bought the Limar because it was the lightest on the market and thus less stress on my injured neck. It is light, fits well and adjusts easily. But the straps are sewn and glued at the temple and sharp edges dig into both sides of my head, and they become quite painful after several hours.

Giro, Bell

[Aug 04, 2004]
zencrow

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, easy to fit, cool (as in "not hot")

Pink Telecom color only color available...

The best fit of any helmet I've ever used. Easy to adjust and great for larger heads, like mine. Some people here say it's quiet, but I had a lot of wind noise...

Specialized and Giro

[Jul 05, 2004]
garagenut

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, secure fit with ease of adjustment. Well ventilated too.

It's S/M sized helmet is okay if you have a small head. Otherwise, the L/XL will fit the majority of riders of normal size. The head/brow pads seem a little thin and lose their sticking ability to the underside of the helmet. Lack of a good sweat band forces you to wear one on your own if you sweat with gusto.

An outstanding skid lid with Euro flair, a styling statement apart from the all too cafeteria-like Giro, Bell, or Specialized. Recommend to any rider who aims to set himself apart.

Giro Eclipse, Bell Evo Pro

[Jun 08, 2004]
MD Jeff

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable, excellent adjustments.

Hotter than heck.

Light, comfortable helmet with a nice strap system and very well designed rear tensioner. The helmet is very quiet as you get up to speed. On the other side... that lack of wind noise means very little air is moving through over your hot noggin. This is definitely not a warm weather piece of headgear. Put the old Pneumo on and was amazed at the difference in temperature, much, much cooler.

Giro Pneumo, various Bell's over the years.

[Apr 21, 2004]
Serac

OVERALL
Strength:

It fit. Slim design. Plenty of protection. Lightweight

Hotter than the Pneumo

I never thought about my helmet until I crashed this past week. I was lucky to find such a good fit. No trip to the hospital, no blood. Just a dented helmet. It did its job!

Giro Pneumo; Bell Phi

[Mar 06, 2004]
msc

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, attractive, fits well.

I never thought I'd be rating a helmet, but today I got to try it out for real. I crashed at fair speed and landed right on my bean. I am still here to review the helmet. Nuff said

Bell Phi

[Jul 22, 2003]
biker_boy

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, Sytlish, Comfortable

Lack of frontal sweat pad gets sweat into eyes

As a mountain biker, I LOVE THIS HELMET! It's incredibly strong, lightweight, and stylish. My head is huge, and the L/XL is too big. I will buy another should my current helmet break...oh wait! I dont' have to! It has a 2 year breakage guarantee! Thank you Limar!

most

[Jul 07, 2003]
ramilcp

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight. Streamlined. Keeps the head cool. Stylish.

None... 'cept it gives me wierd tan lines when I forget to sunscreen my face (my fault).

A very nice light helmet. The straps in the back give a snug but comfortable fit; Just set it and forget it. I wear a L/XL size but the helmet doesn't stick out the sides of my head with thick foam like my GT mtb helmet. When you buy this helmet, it may or may not come with a visor. Mine didn't, but I only use it on road anyway.

Back Trails (Target Brand), GT Machete

[May 05, 2003]
Ectomorph
Weekend Warrior

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit and adjustment.

Chin strap side hook (just get used to it); flap (which I cut off) on the back adjustment.

Perfect fit. If you typically wear a S/M size helmet and find that most manufacturers' S models are too tight and M models are too loose, this may do it for you. Then you also get great ventilation, good adjustments, and light weight.

Specialized

[Feb 13, 2003]
racerboy1512
Racer

OVERALL
Strength:

Super light and comfortable

This is a great helmet. it is superlight and you can hardly tell that is on your head. The adjustment system works great.

Specialized Enduro; Giro