Performance Transformer Jacket Jackets/Vests

• 360° reflective trim enhances visibility
  • Packable into a back side entry zippered rear pocket
  • High collar with zipper garage prevents chafing
  • Adjustable Velcro wrist openings and hem seal out the cold

[Oct 24, 2009]
james_in_Italy

OVERALL
Strength:

High visibility, convertible, convenient chest pocket, velcro cuffs.

Somewhat bulky, weak zippers.

I'm into my second season with this jacket, and I have mixed feelings. It is a very good wind-stopper, and when using the vest alone adequately vented. However, it is almost too bulky too stuff in a jersey pocket. This is ok if you just pack the sleeves, but getting the sleeves on and off requires a full dismount and can be a bit tricky. In my view the sleeve zippers are a bit flimsy, they get caught in the fabric easily and the slide detaches from the teeth if your not careful. With sleeves on it gets hot and steamy very quickly. I must admit I've enjoyed the versatility, light weight and hi-visibility. I like the concept, but not sure I'd buy this one again.

None.

[Oct 22, 2009]
Cuz I can

OVERALL
Strength:

Wind blocking
Lightness of jacket

I have had this jacket out on a number of rides, and this thing is awesome!! I wore it today and the temp was 40 degrees with 15 mph wind. I didn't feel any wind and was warm the whole time. The sleeves jip off fairly well, but overall the jacket is a 10 in my book.