Diadora Cosmo Shoes

Diadora Cosmo Road Shoe has an Upper of soft Suprell synthetic. Three straps with strong Velcro fasteners for security. Mesh windows for ventilation. Semi rigid internal heel stabilizer. Diapan sole is durable and rigid. Compatible with most major pe

[Feb 24, 2007]
Ray Secrest

OVERALL
Strength:

Shoe is comfortable and cool to wear due to the vented sole.

Heal pad on this shoe is hard plastic. I've actually slipped and fallen just walking in these shoes. It takes a pure idiot to design a cycling shoe without a nonslip, replacement heal. These shoes are actuall dangerous and I regret no paying a little more and getting a better designed shoe.

Shoe is comfortable and fairly cool to wear due to the vented sole.

[Dec 27, 2006]
Sub

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, comfort.

Not snug fitting, Flexy sole.

These were my first pair of road shoes I bought while getting into the sport 5-6 years ago. They are a good value, but not comparable to the higher end shoes. They do not hold the heel well, and I don't trust that my foot won't come out of them in a sprint. The sole is also much more flexable than my racing shoes.

carnac quartz.

[Oct 02, 2005]
drummerboy1248

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, comfort, they look good in a generic silver cycling shoe kinda way.

A little soft in the sole for competitive riding.

I picked these up very slightly used on Ebay. I needed a new daily training shoe. I was using a pair of 2-strap Performance shoes to train. The Cosmos are a much better shoe. The heel cup is kinda big on my narrow heel, and the toe box is almost too cramped. These are a 46. I might could've gone with a 46.5. Overall, though, I am able to adjust them on the fly and get good fit. Even though the heel feels loose, it hangs onto my foot through sprints and out-o-the-saddle climbing. I actually have to think about the shoes to really find anything that annoys me. They aren't the match of a higher end shoe, but I'm very happy with them. They lack the stiffness in the sole of the Sidi's. They are a great training shoe for the price I paid. I've only put about 400 miles on them. They supposedly had 300 on them when I got them. So, their durability remains to be seen, but they are holding up well right now.

Sidi, Shimano, Performance.

[Oct 27, 2004]
daneil

OVERALL
Strength:

Cool, comfortable, nices stiff soles.

Stitching on uppers.

In general a good shoe, although I did have a few gripes. I've raced on them for a season and Used them since last year with a variety of pedal systems, and they've held up well. The shoe works well to reduce hotspots in both SPD and Time pedal systems. One gripe is purely personal, the heel cup doesn't secure my heel well enough on the upstroke, but all feet are different so I can't really hold that against the shoe. While the shoes are very comfortable due to the ICS (Induction Cooling System, or air scoops on the sole) the stitching on the uppers has started to come apart after only about 14 months.

Lake, other Diadora.

[Jul 17, 2003]
cmorganshields

OVERALL
Strength:

Price. Looks good. This is a great shoe to get you started.

Sole gets soft rather quickly. Doesn't have the lifetime of the Genius, or anything with carbon sole.

I've used these shoes for two and a half seasons now. For a shoe under $100 I'd have to say they're a no-brainer. I've replaced my Look cleats twice and recently went with the Speedplay Zero system and have never experienced stripping in the cleat plate. The upper has held up great - including the velcro. The sole is now nearly as soft as a moccasin! I would NOT consider this a problem with the shoe however. The shoe is good for what it is - a entry-to-mid-level shoe. If you race and log LOTS of miles in these shoes, you'll only get one good season. I've stretched my through a second season, but I've developed hot spots. I can bend the shoe in half EASILY now.

Nike, Sidi, Shimano

[Jul 01, 2003]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

Good, snug 3 strap fit, excellent ventilation

Sole wore out quickly (and the sole, IMHO, is the most important part of any cycling shoe)

Alright, first off, the slippery sole guy: buy a clue or some mtn shoes. I bought these shoes a couple of years ago, and they held up well for about 10 mos. They fit my narrow well, and aside from easy scuffing uppers, they worked with no complaints. However, once I started last summer's racing season and logging more hours, the soles degraded quickly. I only weigh about 120 lbs, but about a month after I started getting hot spots, I could bend the sole so that the front and toe and heel of the shoe touched. I chucked em. These aren't a racing shoe, so I can't penalize them much.

Sidi Dom 2s and 4s, Pearl Izumi Vapers

[Apr 09, 2003]
n9uxu8

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff sole. Fit my wide feet well. Keeps feet cool.

Silver is ugly. Fabric can be torn. Hard plastic heel pad.

I've tried many a shoe and these are my favorites thus far. I have relatively large and very wide feet, but find that a 46 fits me like a glove. They keep cool and the toe-box doesn't pinch like other road shoes. Good stiff sole...might like a color choice though.

Sidi, performance, exuus, shimano

[Aug 28, 2002]
Elguapo

OVERALL
Strength:

Umm... looks.

No anti slip patch on heal. Threaded plate strips easily (SPD-R pedals partially to blame).

If I rode more that just a couple of times a week, I would have chucked these shoes long time ago. All summed up: threaded plate in shoe strips easily when using SPD-R pedals (they require a lot of torque on two screws to fight the extremely high pull-out force to get out of the pedal) Heal pad on plastic sole is...get ready for it...PLASTIC. Hard, slippery, plastic. What kind of yahoo marketing idiot at Diadora decided to save money by putting plastic there instead of a rubber pad. Why don't they spray it with Teflon while they’re at it? Other shoe manufacturers are figuring it out, so should Diadora. I know this is a road shoe, but you have to touch down your heal some time when getting off the bike.

Shimano, specialized

[Mar 28, 2002]
allervite

OVERALL
Strength:

Price; quality

A moderately narrow shoe

Too narrow for my moderately wide feet. Otherwise good vlaue.

Sidi, Shimano, Adidas, Time

[Mar 25, 2002]
Juan-Carlos

OVERALL
Strength:

-Price -Ventilation -Stiff construction

- Ventilation when it''s chilly out. - Straps don''t thighten down smoothly

I purchased these on sale after my previous shoes were falling apart. For the lower price I felt I could give these shoes a try for a few months. The Cosmo shoes fit my feet comfortably. The shoes are stiff for climbing and once the three velcro straps are nice and snug, I''ve rarely had to readjust the straps during a ride. The ventilation ability of the shoe is nice in warm weather, but if you plan to use them during cooler weather buy some toe covers / booties. You may look goofy but your toes will thank you. I think the straps on the shoes are a little to stiff at the bend and more force is necessary to tighten the straps down than should be necessary. This shoe is certainly not for folks with wide feet. Overall I think this is a good shoe for the money. There are of course better shoes, but for those on a budget(and the right foot type) I''ve found this shoe to be adaquate.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.