Diadora Elite 2000 Shoes

Suprell and nylon mesh upper keeps your feet cool and holds its shape, dual woven nylon straps, internal heel reinforcement for comfort and stability, padded Achilles heel notch reduces chafing. Look, SPD, SPD-R compatible.

[Feb 05, 2009]
Sirveyir

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit my feet very well, extremely comfortable, very reasonable on-sale price.

Two straps, a little too flexible for cycling, no longer available.

I have logged many thousands of miles on these shoes. They were replacements for some Nike shoes that were like torture machines on my feet. I am a 47D and the Diadoras are a true size 12.5 US and are VERY comfortable on my big, wide-ish feet. The full un-lugged soles and reasonable flex are great for touring and walking around with SPD cleats. They have held up very well and still look pretty good. They are well ventilated and cool but could use a third strap to eliminate some slop while pedaling. Can experience some toe numbness at over 50 miles.

Nike, Shimano SH-M075, new Diadora Ergo Plus.

[Jun 07, 2003]
D P

OVERALL
Strength:

good value. great for the normal biker.

sole is somewhat slippery. it is not leather

Great shoes for a great price. sole is pretty and what a great value! These shoes are great because they are LOOK road pedal compatible.

none first bike shoe

[Jun 29, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

These shoes are as described in the ads: Lightweight, stiff-soled, well ventilated, and comfortable. And they're available in my large size (US size 13D; I ordered size 48).

The soles are treacherously slippery when walking on smooth hard surfaces. Stairs and door thresholds are especially hazardous. Hope that you don't get a flat tire and have to walk very far in these shoes, they're just plain not made for walking. (Though this is my first pair of made-for-bicycling shoes; maybe they're all like that.)

I'm glad I bought them, they're an improvement over my what I used to ride in (old running shoes). For my next pair, I'll pay more attention to "walkability". In the meantime I'll contemplate how to give the soles a bit more traction.

[May 08, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

great fit, light weight, dont even think about them during rides, have not found stiffness lacking in size 43(9.5)

a third strap would improve snugness during part of the pedal stroke.

this shoe has the same diapan sole as other diadoras costing more than twice the price. I find it to be stiff in the hand and on the foot, in my size, using the large platform look pedals. carbon soles are certainly stiffer, but will set you back 200+ greenbacks. nothing compares to the elite 2000's near its price.

[May 07, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Relatively comfortable, price (but you get what you pay for)

Stiffness or lack there of.

1st road shoe so, im probably not a good person to review. I bought these because I was new to road cycling and didn't want to spend alot on the shoe. I think it was a mistake, I really think the soles lack in stiffness, and I will probably be getting SIDIs or something else in the near future.

They are bad for short easy rides, but anything else is really noticable to me.

Not gonna give very low star rating because I think these shoes perform admirably at their price point.

none, 1st road shoe