Diadora Geko Shoes

• Closure: 2 Velcro straps
  • Insole: Fixed, E.V.A. lined

[Aug 07, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Don't irritate my feet.

Shoes are wide for my foot and the two straps do not get tight enough for me. The laces are useless. Not good for colder weather.

These shoes are entry level but that is about it.

[Aug 30, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Very Inexpensive, breaks in quickly, multiple cleat mount holes, stiffer than MTB shoes.

A bit narrow for me, too flexy for higher power outputs, doesn't need laces, needs 3rd strap.

I got these shoes as my first pair of road shoes. They're pretty comfortable shoes, good for laying down base miles and general, easy riding.

As my riding developed and I added miles to the ride I've found that the uppers are a bit flexy for my tastes and require frequent readjustment of the straps to keep up with my circular pedaling.

The footbed is comfy, but I could use a bit wider toebox (I have a wide foot) and more arch support (high arches too).

If you get these, ditch the laces, they put weird pressure on your foot and don't really help anything. You'll probably be wishing for a third strap, pressure is not as even as it should be.

I'm liking these, but thinking that at this point in my riding I can step up to something a bit stiffer, with 3 straps (or 2 straps and a buckle), and with more arch support.

These would be great for a new cyclist who wants a good road shoe. It can't handle higher power outputs, but when you're new to the sport they're good.

Adidas Minrett (commuter shoe)