Diadora Trivex Shoes

Breathable double-woven nylon upper with Suprell™ synthetic leather inserts, three-strap Velcro® closure. Lightweight, rigid Diapan™ sole with Induction Cooling System™, semi-rigid internal heel cup, achilles padding. Look® and SPD® compatible.

[Aug 11, 2003]
Joel Allison

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely stiff and virtualy indestructable.

Small toe box.

Trivex shoe is very comfortable and breathes easily. Comfortable shoe that would benefit from a good insert.

[Feb 06, 2001]
Ashley Gore

OVERALL
Strength:

great fit. I tried the lesser quality and cheaper diadoras and they definitely cheap. returned those and was well pleased with the quality and fit of these.

I'm not a racer and I wish I had gotten something a little easier to walk with. I would encourage anyone not planning on racing to get something with some tread. Heel needs some rubber!

Quality product, would recommend to anyone.

Lower line diadora

[May 04, 2000]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff soles, snug fit.

Narrow, no arch support.

I have a pair of Diadora Jalapeno MTB shoes which I love, so I decided to try the Trivex road shoe. I realize that there are big differences in road and mtb, but the fit quality between these two shoes was huge. The Trivex are very uncomfortable for my big flat feet. I had to install insoles just to be able to ride in these shoes, otherwise I had hot spots. I plan on installing a better set of insoles to provide a little more arch support, so I have not given up on them just yet.
These shoes are plenty stiff for powering up the hills, and when you tighten down the velcro straps, they stay very snug.
I recommend these shoes to anyone with normal width feet, but plan on providing insoles.

Vittoria

[Aug 30, 2000]
Frank Lovro

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely stiff heel part. Comfortable upper part and materials. Very good cooling system, even on the bottom of the shoe. Ideal for hot summer

Very thin front part.

No good for winter cycling, if you like to wear two pair of socks for the winter, because it just perfectly fits my normal sized leg. Also, at winter, an isolated pair of socks is a must, as the cooling system on the bottom of the shoe works too good. The toe part of the shoe is very very thin, therefore I think this shoe is unfomfortable for many cyclists. The bottom part is a bit too slippery, hard to walk in it. However, this summer I was pushing my bike (and around 20 kg stuff in bike bags) upwards on a hill for around 3 hours in these shoes, and besides some achilles injuries on my left leg, I had no problems with the pushing. For mountain climbing this shoe is perfect, as it is very stiff.

Available in various colours. Mine are gold/purple. Looks cool, feels cool.

[Dec 23, 2000]
Scott Demel

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent fit
long lasting
breathable

no rubber toe tab, slippery sole

My shoe is a slightly older model Trivex II shoe that I purchased over 3 years ago. These were the first and only pair of clipless shoes I have ever owned, bought when I got "serious" about riding. In 3 years I have logged at least 5000+ miles in these shoes and several century rides. They have been so good, I don't see any reason to consider any other shoe.

Aside from some general wear and scuffs, these shoes seem to be unbreakable. They are very stiff and breathable and I have never been uncomfortable, even on the longest rides. They have seen some wet conditions but this has not affected them in any way. In the wet I go sockless to avoid water-logged feet and the shoes are still perfect without rubbing blisters or any other problems. Some friends reported problems with fit for Diadoras though mine have felt great since my first try-out at the store.

I have been using them with Shimano 6500 pedals and have absolutely no complaints. One small item I would like to see is a small piece of rubber on the toe and heel for just a little bit of traction at stoplights or while walking the bike... but since this is less than 1% of the time I use the shoes, I'll make do!

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.