Lake CX125 Shoes

[Jun 04, 2008]
spinster24

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap price, reasonable fit

Velcro strap and shoelaces get tangled

I'm just a spin class enthusiast, using these shoes three times a week. I had to shave a little off the sole rubber for them to fit my club's bike. They have held up extremely well, still a good, not excellent, fit.

Specialized

[Dec 23, 2003]
Darth

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looking shoe, great ventilation, comfortable for riding no numbness, better walking stability b/c of pads on bottom.And they have reflective material in the mesh/ventilation part of the shoe. Very comfortable. At 25.00 I bought 3 pair.

Great shoe bang for the buck.

None. No need to.

[Dec 10, 2003]
BowWow

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap! They were included with a pair of Vittoria Rubino Pros... Good air flow into the shoe while riding. Well-made.

Rubber bumpers look a bit odd, and tying them up is a bit fiddly. I had to shave quite a bit of rubber from the soles to get my Look cleats to fit properly.

Nice shoes, stiff soles with rubber bumpers at the toes and heels to help with the walking. They are lace-ups, with the laces under a flap, and a strap over the flap. A little fiddly to get on, but they fit well.

AXO MTB shoes, Specialized road shoes

[Jul 30, 2003]
jselrahc

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, lack of numbness on longer rides, cleat clearance if walking required.

I had a pair of Shimano mtb shoes before I bought these CX125s, but they're a little small.(Purchased before my familiarity with european sizing) These shoes fit well, and breathe well. I used to have a problem with numbness on long rides, but since I switched, very little problem with it. They work great for both on and off-road riding. When riding road the knobs on the sole of the shoes are long enough to allow you to walk without scuffing the cleats(SPD)on the pavement.

Shimano