Lake CX210 Triathlon Shoes

• Full Grain leather and Mesh upper
  • Neoprene tongue
  • Single 40mm Strap
  • Finger pull tabs on tongue and heel
  • External premolded heel counter
  • Reflective material in heel
  • SPD/Look/SPD-R compatible
  • NEW Carbon injected power platform

[Aug 31, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Price for sure. Sinec it's an older model, I got it for $29 at Nashbar, where they stated the retail price was $110. Construction is good.

I think the shoe entry area is too tight. The lip does not separate from the actual shoe, so it's like one of those water shoes that you just slide in your foot.

I like the fit. The toe box area has good space and the shoe is pretty true to size, maybe a tad big, if any.

N/A

[Jun 28, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Price Comfortable Good secure fit

Strap not designed to stay open or prevent it from comming out of loop. Tight opening

A decent shoe overall. Comfortable with or without socks, which is important for tri racers. The single (reverse) strap seems very secure. I have not had any trouble with them coming loose and/or hitting my cranks. One thing I was very dissapointed about though, was that there is nothing to keep the straps from coming out of the "loop". Most new model tri shoes (Sidi, Carnac) have made the end of the strap a little larger so it won't come all the way out. This would be a disaster if your trying to put your shoes on while riding. I was able to rig my CX210s with some velcro on the end of the strap that will hold the strap in the wide-open posistion and prevent it from coming out of the loop. Sidi seems to have gotten it right with the T1. The T1s have a little "lip" that hold the strap in the open position. But the Sidi's cost twice as much. The opening is a little tight too. I'd like it if it where a bit easier to slide my foot in and out of. Overall these are a decent low-budget shoe that could use some technical enhancements. If they cost any more then I would not buy them, but for $75 I could not pass them up. I'm a bit of a cheap A$$. Will have to wait to see how durrable they are. I'm a little worried about the leather. I've only ridden with them 3 times and they are already showing signs of wear. Another thing to note is that the online pictures of these shoes does not do them justice. These babies are bright. With the majority of the show being bright white along with the metalic silver and day-glow yellow you will realy stand out in a crowd.

Specialized Mtn Comp. Straps "rigged" with duct tape. (Ugly but it worked)