Lake CX236 Shoes

• Closure: Heel Mounted Push/Pull BOA lacing system

[Jun 24, 2015]
jonas nygard

OVERALL
Strength:

+ Overall very comfortable shoe (except for inability to get it adequately tight or loose due to single boa - average snugness is all you can do)

- Single Boa in the rear
- No way to get shoe to fit well with single boa, either too snug or too loose, no way to get perfect with one tightener.
- Bad quality, boa falls off if you happen to bump it (which is easily done if you have any stares)
- Very hard to get covers on due to boa protruding in the rear.

Single Boa in the rear sucks. Renders entire shoe tight in some places, loose in others, not a good way to get a comfortable snug fit. Watch out when you walk down stairs with these, if you bump the BOA knob it will fall out rendering the shoe useless. I know, i did just that. Now I no longer trust the shoes and am upgrading. The newer version no longer put the boa i the rear, which must be a huge improvement so might try those instead.

[May 02, 2011]
Lance

OVERALL
Strength:

-Speedplay specific option, this is fantastic because it gets your foot incredibly close to the pedal axle.

-They broke!
-I personally didn't like the lacing system, you may be different though.

The soles on these shoes cracked near the heel within about a week of owning them. I weigh about 150lbs, and didn't abuse them in any way/shape/form. Just normal riding. I was going to warranty the shoes but decided to exchange them for another brand because I didn't like the lacing system. It put too much pressure at the front of my foot, effectively crushing the ball of my foot into the sole of the shoe.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.