Lake CX330c Shoes

• Perfect Heel Support-Perfect Power Transmission Carbon, BOA®, Outlast, and K-Lite® Kangaroo leather combine for a new product from LAKE® that's set to give pros and enthusiasts an edge over the competition. The new heel-mounted BOA® offers the maximum heel fit synchronizing heel and forefoot support.
  • upper: K-Liteâ„¢ Kangaroo leather upper with an Outlast® temperature regulating heel and tongue liner
  • sole: New one-piece carbon fiber race sole.3 hole compatible. colors: Pearl Black/Orange, Pearl Black/Silver Mesh, Pearl White/ Silver Mesh
  • weight:265 grams
  • sizes: Men's 39-48, 50, 39.5-46.5

• USER REVIEWS

[Apr 08, 2015]
    Betsy

OVERALL
    Strength:

look nice

huge size discrepency between european and usa sizing
    Bad customer service.

Lake cycling has poor customer service. I ordered CX specific Lake cycling shoes spring of 2014. I was promised the shoes in the fall, so that I would have them for most of the CX season. Delay, delay, delay. I received them AFTER nationals in January. Then, They were at least a size too small. I asked for my money back. DELAY ad nauseum. I STILL have not received my money back. It has been more than a year!!. Lake Customer support SUCKS!! Do not buy their shoes.

[Oct 29, 2010]
    Bunny

OVERALL
    Strength:

Carbon sole, light weight, great power transfer, kangaroo leather in areas you might need to strech, decent insole, simple BOA lacing system, AWESOME CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

None so far

These shoes have a wide toe box with plenty of volume, so for those who have difficulty getting a good fit with wide flat feet, this is a great shoe. If you require special insoles other than the wafer-thin pseudo-insole that comes in most shoes, try these. Comfortable right out of the box, accomodated custom insoles well. Snug fit with BOA without any hotspots.

Shimano, Northwave, DMT, S-works.

[May 10, 2010]
    editmire

OVERALL
    Strength:

I think comfort would be first, with the leather shaping to your feet over time, being very breathable, etc... I use these for group rides and long solo rides...

Also, I often see great deals on these and Lake shoes in general, if you get a good deal they can be an insane bargain in my opinion.

there isn't a rubber heel pad, instead there's two molded in, hard bumps, which look bad or can even chip off with wear. not a huge issue but it seems like a real omission...

Really like these shoes, they are understated from most angles, have nice full carbon soles, use actual comfortable leather vs. vinyl, the closure system works and is on/off in half a second... i would note I use superfeet insole upgrades, which I recommend.

I would buy Lake shoes again after owning these, they're very nice shoes and I think they're a bit of a secret bargain in cycling.

rocket 7's (awesome, but more for hard riding than long rides, built-in insole is thin and can't be easily upgraded)

[May 09, 2010]
    William Barta

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks
    Stiff

Boa system

These shoes look awesome but do not work. It is easy to find them for a cheap price online, but they are not worth it. When doing a hard effort my feet became numb. The boa system works at first, but after rain the system becomes clogged. I emailed Lake for a fix to the problem; however after a week they have not emailed me back.

[Apr 09, 2009]
    firebolt428

OVERALL
    Strength:

The BOA system is fantastic and easily accessed when riding. No stopping to get off and adjust your shoes. Very comfortable. Stiff. My feet love them

Not easy getting shoe covers on with the BOA system at the back of the shoe. Still works just take a little more effort.

These shoes are great. I have fat or wide feet and ever since I retired my Diadora 05 shoe I haven't found a shoe wide enough. These shoes provide tons of room. Maybe even a little too much at the toe but after 4+ hours in the shoes my feet don't hurt at all. I have had them for a month or so and do about 150 miles a week in them. The BOA system is fantastic and easily accessed when riding. No stopping to get off and adjust your shoes.

[Jun 21, 2008]
    BunnV

OVERALL
    Strength:

Boa system is simple and works perfectly. Makes Velcro straps and buckles obsolete.

Color choices great for those who don't want shoes that scream "I'm a wanna be racer!"

A viable alternative to Sidi's

Great styling and high quality construction.

Stiff for pedaling but very comfortable on my feet.

Not all advertised colors/sizes were available.

I saw these Lake shoes advertised in "Road" magazine. I was intrigued by the lack of Velcro straps and the clean styling of the shoes. The retail price of close to $300 scared me but I found them on-line for $190 plus shipping.

The construction of the shoe is first rate with stiff carbon soles and lots of mesh for ventilation. I wear a size 44 and the fit is outstanding. They have a wider toe box than my old Shimano shoes and feel more like running shoes than cycling shoes on my feet.

I love the styling and they were the only high end shoes I could find that offered subtle colors (no red or yellow or rainbows etc). My bike is copperish orange and red clashes badly.

The best feature of these shoes by far is the "Boa" tensioning system. It basically looks like fishing line laced into the shoes instead of string type laces. A knurled knob on the back of the shoe tightens the shoe with nice indented clicks as snug as you want. To get out, simply pull the knob out similar to a winder on a watch and the laces lose tension. It couldn't be easier and it allows for adjustments "on the fly". I've reached down and tightened my shoes while riding. Try that with Velcro straps! Also, the Boa system seems to "shrink wrap" the whole shoe around my foot instead of just tightening across the top of my foot with my old shoes.

Shimano Carbon