Lake Lake CX 110 TRI-A Shoes

[Sep 28, 2003]
James Mitchell

OVERALL
Strength:

none if you don't count anger management skills learned when the shoe comes unstrapped in a triathlon

service department at lake that said it would fit like the cx125 but snugger.

I bought these shoes because I liked the Lake CX125 shoes I was wearing. They fit well and I didn't have problems with hotpots on the balls of my feet. I had to order them from the shop I was buying them from so I didn't get a chance to try them on. Realizing this is a bad idea I called the company to see how they compared to the CX125's. I was told that the last is the same and that the upper would be a little snugger to accomadate for lack of socks. Thus I could order the same size. WRONG!!! To my suprise, the uppper was much looser. So loose in fact that the inward facing strap pulls down too far and opens when tt rubs against the crankarm. Don't listen to the other people that posted reviews. Triathlon shoes are supposed to strap inward, have unconventional tounges that can't get pushed in by wet feet and be worn without socks. This shoes problem is how loosely it fits and the poor service department that said it fits snuggly.

[Aug 08, 2003]

OVERALL
Strength:

Price Came in a nice box.

Strap closes to the INSIDE, meaning it rubs on the crank arm. They probably designed it this way so it would be easier to close for triathletes who have the shoe mounted to the clip before they get on their bike... but it's an unnecessary feature. All it results in is that the rubbing opens the strap. Also, this may vary by foot size, but I find these very hard to get in and out of, because the shoes tongue is sewed to the sides of the shoe. This makes no sense either, especially for a shoe that's supposed to be DESIGNED to be easy on/easy off. Finally, I use Shimano SPD(okay, I am probably the last triathlete in the world who does so), but the cleat sticks way out making these very hard to walk around in. I can't imagine what these would be like with a higher-profile cleat.

I am hesitant to complain to bitterly, seeing as these are inexpensive shoes to begin with, and I bought them out of a catalog (thus, didn't try on or even see before purchasing), but these may be among the most poorly-designed shoes I've ever owned. This includes cowboy boots, roller skates, flip-flops.