Nike Cipressa Shoes

Durable mesh body, synthetic leather rand, reinforcements and tongue overlay, elastic instep with wide strap closure, antimicrobial Polyou sockliner, 360° relfectivity. Extremely rigid, injected I-beam sole, forefoot air vents, plastic toe and heel caps, compatible with all 2- and 3-bolt cleat systems.

[Jun 07, 2006]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

durability, reflectivity

ugly, strange ooze from the velcro straps

great shoe, very durable

an even older pair of Nike shoes (with laces)

[Jun 02, 2006]
samual adams

OVERALL
Strength:

good looking breathable shoe at a entry level price

The sizing is 1 size off and it comes a bit narrow stretch them out with a shoe stretcher over night and there fine

I bought them a whole size to big and they fit me just fine.Im not sure what the goo problem is, I dont have that. Mine are comfortable and stretched just fine and I have a wide foot.

[May 14, 2005]
drichi

OVERALL
Strength:

Red color on the straps.

Fit, design.

You have read the others..DON't BUY THESE. I don't know what is wrong, but the fit is way off. Felt ok in the shop, but got them home and after about 20 minutes they feel quite painful. Toebox is very small. The back of the ankle becomes painful just having them on. MTB cleat plate cannot be removed, so if you don't use SPDs, you get to listen it rattle when you ride. Sole shaped quite differently than others I have used---flat like a pair of dress shoes. Sizing problem? Perhaps, but the other review show it to be common. Since they will not strtech nor break in, back to the shop they go.

Shimano, Adidas, Pearl Izumi

[Aug 04, 2003]
agentlaos

OVERALL
Strength:

Somewhat comfortable, affordable

Cheap construction, poor foot retention

Absolute garbage. I'm returning the second pair for warranty (first pair warranteed as well). The shoes were somewhat comfortable, but the restraint system cratered on both pairs (an MTB pair as well). Even when the straps worked, they didn't want to keep my foot in place. Stick with somthing else with a better reputation.

[Mar 18, 2003]
Ron Wedemeyer

OVERALL
Strength:

cool, breathable in summer

Good entry level shoe with stiff sole. Mesh allows feet to breathe and stay cooler during hot, humid summer rides. One of the only shoes available in size 14 when I purchased.

[Feb 02, 2003]
Rich_Racer

OVERALL
Strength:

Price.

Everything else.

Damn - I was buying an expensive bike, I bought expensive pedals, I thought I'd save some money on the shoes. I got them 25% off and they were already cheap. They are the most uncomfortable shoes I've ever worn - of any kind! I don't even know why they're so uncomfortable but they're just really oddly shaped. After half an hour in them I was in pain. i rode for 4 hours! Hence I'm pretty bitter! I thought I was saving money but I've wasted $75.

Shimano

[Dec 28, 2001]
TypeOne

OVERALL
Strength:

Price

Uncomfortable

I''m just piling on here, but: The sizing is too small! I wore these commuting in Seattle and they even shrank after they dried up, making the whole experience more painful. The heel isn''t all that supportive, but the shoe is fairly well-ventilated for summer riding. It has been more durable than I expected.

Nike Gabuche; Sidi Genius 3; Northwave

[Sep 29, 2001]
TriguyNH

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a stretch..It had velcro straps?

Everything about, from fit to Nike''s sweat shop policy...Will never buy a nike product again.

You''ve heard it before, "You get what you pay for". The worst shoe experience of any kind in my life! The only guarantee was that after 15 miles my feet would ache like hell. After taking a few trips to a number of shops, and trying a number of shoes, I settled for DMT chronoX. They are pricey, but I learned my lesson. World Class Cycle in NY$189. Everyone else was asking from $209 to $239. They fit like a glove, and the quality seems long lasting.

My mountain shoes are Sidi Dominators, and Specialized Rockhopper comp. Road was a much different feel. The DMT''s fit my feet(somewhat narrow) best...

[Feb 03, 2001]
Frank Warnock Jr.

OVERALL
Strength:

Attractive, velcro strap design instead of laces, well ventilated.

Unable to eliminate obnoxious creaking. Sole design is poorly shaped (uneven) and non-conforming. For the money, basic construction should have been leather instead of synthetic materials.

Despite having cycled many miles in these shoes, they are a disappointment and I wouldn't recommend them. Nike appears to have changed the quality of their cycling shoes for the worse.

Nike road shoe (model unknown), purchased in 1989, still going strong.

[Nov 09, 2000]
Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

None...

Sized WAY TOO SMALL! poor quality.

Don't waste your' money, the straps have some adhesive that comes off all over your' hands. The size is at least 1-1&1/2 sizes smaller than advertised. The toe box is extremely narrow (think A width). If I had it to do over again I'd not buy shoes online...

Nike Gabuche due