Performance CAT-1 Stelvio @ Performance Shoes

I purchased the CAT-1 Stelvio shoe at Performance. I wanted a shoe that accepts both SPD and SPD-SL cleats. I took amy usual 42 mile ride yesterday and was favorably impressed. It has a very stiff Carbon Fiber sole that eliminated the hot spot on the balls of my feet. The bike also felt more responsive during acceleration and climbing.

They have more room than the Shimano shoes of the same size, I have wider feet, and these fit a little better than Shimanos. The micro buckle is a unusual feature at this price point.

A good value at $100.

[Mar 20, 2010]
kbert83

OVERALL
Strength:

Wider toe box. Micro adjust strap. Very comfortable. SPD and Look style cleats accepted.

None so far

So far so good. Much more comfortable than my same size Shimanos. Carbon transfers power nicely.

Shimano

[May 30, 2009]
barrettscv

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff Carbon Fiber sole, Accepts both SPD and SPD-SL cleats, Micro buckle

color

I purchased the CAT-1 Stelvio shoe at Performance. I wanted a shoe that accepts both SPD and SPD-SL cleats. I took amy usual 42 mile ride yesterday and was favorably impressed. It has a very stiff sole that eliminated the hot spot on the balls of my feet. The bike also felt more responsive during acceleration and climbing.

They have more room than the Shimano shoes of the same size, I have wider feet, and these fit me a little better than Shimanos. The micro buckle is an unusual feature at this price.

A good value at $100.