Shimano Acceleraptor Shoes

Non-stretch synthetic leather upper with a non-woven fabric mid-sole, fiberglass-reinforced nylon outer sole, Cambrelle inner sole with EVA backing, extra-long triple-strap closure system. SPD, SPD-R compatible.

[Dec 22, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

well ventilated in warm times
cool colors

GOD AWFUL PERFORMANCE
over ventilated in winter, there is a hole in the toe box
stiff for a non c/f sole
no signifigant hot spots

Dont Buy, gym shoes are better than these shoes.

while riding the screws from the pedals will come undone. this means that the cleat slides around on the shoe while trying to unclip, my shoes where destroyed in 4 rides.

once this happens you have to undo the straps and take foot out of shoe to "unclip"

DONT BUY-the same goes for Shimano spd-r pedals

I wish I could give a lower review than this

Performance royals

[Apr 06, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Good support, stiffness and ventilation.

Could be lighter, but at the price I got them and since I have to lose 25lbs......

I like them. No numbness in my feet as long as I pedal correctly and don't mash. The hole in the bottom is to keep the feet cool in the summer. Winter I put boots on and no draft.

Nike

[Feb 23, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Shimano shoes are not made for people with wide feet. I had to go to 1/2 of a size bigger to fit my feet. The sole is stiff for not being carbon but to flexable for hte heavy weights. If you weigh over 200 pds I would go to a carbon sole. I weigh 220 and they are still alittle to flexable for me. I use them for short rides because long rides make my feet go numb. These are good shoes for the money.

Will make your feet go numb on long rides if you weigh over 200 pds and have wide feet. Shimano needs to make their shoes have a wider toe box and better angle to help with pedaling stroke.

Great shoes if you do not have wide feet and do not weigh over 200 pds. Not very good for walking in. Straps are great for holding in your foot and makes for easy ajustments when ridding the bike. If you want a great shoe if you are under 180 and have small feet I would go to the Look shoes. They have the best fit and have strings as well as strapes to fit your feet. They are flexable but work great with look pedals and give the best pedaling stroke I have ever used. It makes you spin better and it does it buy doing it for you.. The shimano shoes does not work well with spd or speedplays they do not have the right angle on the shoe to help with your pedals stroke it makes you ride with your toes and not on your heels.

Look, Shimano carbon, answer