Shimano SH-R073 Shoes

The SH-R073 is a sport/fitness shoe from Shimano built for road riding. It delivers great performance on a budget and features a dual strap closure so you can quickly and easily adjust the fit.

[Aug 04, 2007]
Mike Sweum

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looking shoe,cheap,and thats about it.

Painful after about 20 miles,feels like you have rock slabs attached to your feet.

I tried these shoes on at the shop and they seemed good.But after a couple rides I quickly realized I was being a tight wad and bought abseloute garbage. Avoid and buy some body geometry from Specialized.

Time shoes and pedals

[Jun 07, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice graphics, stiff sole, good ventilation

tight toebox which seems to be the main complaints in other reviews

I bought these to use as a foul weather or backup shoe for my Sidi Dynamics. These are definitely a BUDGET shoe in that the outer is not supple. The sole is stiff and the shoe is well ventilated. However, I find that the toebox seems to have a seam that impinges on my right pinky toe. This discomfort is much more noticeable if I am doing more pedal mashing than proper cycling cadence.

Sidi Dynamic, Performance, Ditto

[Apr 24, 2004]
davidscone

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff soles, good straps.

Uncomfortable.

The soles are stiff which makes for an efficient pedal movement. The straps are big and easy to use. If you're looking for a comfortable shoe, these aren't what you're looking for. The angle of the cut around the front toe area is too steep and cuts into my 3 outer toes. Feet become numb and hurt after about 1 hour in the saddle.

Pearl Izumi Vagabond - much better.

[Apr 21, 2004]
siguradam

OVERALL
Strength:

Look good. Perform well. Ventilation.

Price. Comfort on long rides.

This is a good shoe with a stiff sole that makes for excellent energy transfer. The straps are large and easy to find for mid-ride adjustments. Whether you prefer it or not, these shoes provide lots of ventilation (be careful on cold days!). The shoes' shape and colors are pleasing to the eye, but I think they're overpriced. The interior isn't particularly comfortable. I've gotten a few blisters on my right pinky toe from sharp seam.

Shimano mtn shoes. Time road shoes.