Shimano SH-R085 Shoes

• Anatomical curved
  • Micro-adjust buckle and dual offset straps
  • Nylon mesh area
  • Fiberglass reinforced nylon outer sole
  • SPD-SL and Look(R) cleat compatible

[Mar 03, 2010]
captnfantastic

OVERALL
Strength:

relatively cheap
tightening system works well
Look good (white)
Break in easily
Last forever

I can't think of any... I bought a second pair when I realized they stopped making them!

This is my second pair. First ones cost $100 and when i found out they weren't making this exact shoe anymore i found a second pair for $70. I love these shoes. Bought them when I first got serious with clip on pedals and racing. My first ones lasted 2 years and about 4 crashes with countless drenching wet rides. They still work but I wanted a new pair. They fit my feet well, are cheap, and look good.

[Sep 19, 2009]
Thaicn

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap. Good fit. Ratcheting buckle is a key feature. Solidly manufactured. Shimano has come a long way from the first torture device they called a road shoe back in 1996.

The sole is flexes more than carbon, but it really isn't that noticeable. Inside lining is cheap and thin, so you can feel the bottom of the shoe.

I bought these shoes as a training/wet weather(throw away) shoe and have been pleasantly surprised. The size is exact, meaning a 42 is really a 42 so don't order a size bigger like I did (better loose that cramped toes it thought). Even so, the fit is really nice; the inside part of the shoe hugs the curvature of your foot, which gives a very secure feel. I like the fact that with the ratchet and 2 velcro design, I can really crank down on the ratchet, while keeping the velcro straps loose to avoid hotspots. Although a bit heavier than the Specialized, the shoes feel very stable and substantial without being sluggish. No blisters so far.

Specialized carbon shoes, both ratchet and dial designs.

[Mar 09, 2009]
Bumblebee Man

OVERALL
Strength:

They look ok for a cheap shoes.
Price is ok in some shops, especially overseas.

Didn't fit my feet well and gave me blisters.

I hated these shoes so much that I gave them away!

Perhaps they were just not suited to my feet, but.....

I bought these to have some cheap shoes to use on wet days, but they gave me blisters in 3 places on both feet (heel, near the big toes and outside my pinkies), so, after trying a few things, like different socks and insoles, I gave them to the kids at the local velodrome.

Yes, they were the correct size.

I've got Sidis which never give me blisters, so there was no need to keep using the Shimanos. In fact, I've since bought a new pair of Sidi 6.6s, which means I've now had 4 pairs of Sidi without one blister.

The shape feels odd to me: they felt ok around most of the foot, but they are big a high around the front.

Nah, not for me. I won't ever risk buying another pair of Shimano shoes for for fear that I'lljust be wasting my money on nothing more than a pair of blister-makers. :-)

Sidi Genius 5, Genius 5.5, Genius 6.6, another pair of cheap Sidis

[Feb 19, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

light
cool
well priced
comfortable

ventilation hole in the sole needs covering in the cold if your really picky.

these were the first pair of cycle shoes i have ever owned and i love them, they are very comfortable and well priced. great shoe for any kind of rider.

[Dec 19, 2008]
h3hound

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, Fit, on the fly adjustable, stiff enough. Look good.

Could be a bit more comfortable without socks; but not too bad.

Another good product from the Shimano shoe line. Its not the molded fit but its comfortable and adjustable with 2 velcro straps and a ratchet strap.

Sidi, other Shimano

[Dec 09, 2008]
GizzMAster

OVERALL
Strength:

good looking, light, comfy Priced right

None yet

I just purchased these at my local Bike Shop last week. I wanted to replace my old worn out Diadoras but lacked the over 200 large that Sidi's wanted. They looked nice, cost was fair and felt comfy

Sidi's, Diadora's,

[Jul 14, 2008]
jhamlin38

OVERALL
Strength:

well made, good value, alignment for cleats, snug comfortable fit, offset velcro closures, vg ventilation, nice design, immediately forget you're wearing them

NOT as perfect or buttery like a high dollar Sidi, or custom but still great deal.

Nice silver/grey/white color. Stiff and light, even though they're not cf. heel stays put perfectly. the offset velcro works well, very adjustable, and "play off" the binding buckle thingamadgig. The comfort and snugness over the top of the foot is near perfect. nice venting days.
most importantly, easy to get cleat aligned properly underfoot.
Great value for a "proper" cycling shoe. way better than my 1 yr old pearl road shoes.

Pearl Izumi, Performance brand road shoe, Duegi (circa 1988)