Shimano SH-R150 Shoes

Three long straps for a combination of security and adjustability, synthetic leather and mesh upper won¹t stretch or shrink no matter what the weather is like on race day. SPD-R, SPD, Look compatible.

[Mar 03, 2004]
Mike Prince

OVERALL
Strength:

- fit me good - look good, not flashy (mine are black) - stiff and thin sole

The nonsensical Shimano hole in the sole under the toes just in front of the cleat. Easy entry for water and I have to tape it in the winter or my dogs freeze. This shoe seems well-ventilated enough that this hole should go away.

Got the 150's on closeout for a decent deal and have been happy with them so far. Thought SIDI's fit my feet well but these are a bit wider and feel better overall. This is my first carbon-soled shoe and the difference is noticeable.

SIDI Energy most recently (and still), I could go all the way back to leather-soled shoes.

[Mar 02, 2004]
csainthenry

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good fit, stiff

These are some really nice shoes. They look good and feel great. I have a wider forefoot, and these shoes have a nice, wide toe box, so there's no numbness or pinching like with my older shimanos. Definitely a good buy.

Older model (2000) Shimanos

[Sep 22, 2003]
old wheelsucker

OVERALL
Strength:

Carbon main strap! Stiff Sole! NO FLEX

Color...luckly it matches my Casati! Insole is weak!

Best buy I have ever made! These shoes ROCK! My experiences have been positive with carbon but the 150's have the main carbon strap and this seems to make a big difference! My last shoes were Shimano 210 and they are good but the 150 are better! Would recommend to any racer!

Shimano 210's, Carnac Eclipes,

[Sep 10, 2003]
Cole Coleman

OVERALL
Strength:

has a stiffer sole than shoes hundreds of dollars more. the stiffness was very evident with my speedplay pedals which seem to consistantly form quite the "hot-spot" with other shoes

i can see no weakness here unless you have a very narrow foot. there is some heel slip for me, but nothing that i am overly concerned with.

this is one of the best shoes i have tried. It is wider and therefore more comfortable then that majority of shoe i have tried (Northwave, Sidi, Diadora, and DMT)and doesn't have the bulky and sometimes ciculation inhibiting ratcheting straps.

Shimano SH-r210, sidi Ginus, and northwave

[Aug 04, 2003]
Ben

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff, fast, very responsive, and breaks the race shoe mold in my mind, love the flat sole.

Without pontoons on my D/A cleats the carbon scratches very easily, but doesnt effect the performance one bit.

Geat shoe, i really liked how stiff the shoe was and worked great with D/A pedals, very responsive. The best shoe i have ever used. Comfortable for crits and short rides but starts to cramp your toes after 40 miles, but still the stiffest and most resposive shoe i have used.

Carnac, Nike, and Sidi

[Jun 17, 2003]
hasanadil

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff

The R150 is a great shoe. i used it daily, shows no sign of wear and tear. plus its a very light shoe.

[Feb 19, 2003]
bzadler

OVERALL
Strength:

stiff carbon sole, comfortable, and black

none yet

Great shoe, and mighty stiff, as it should be. I upgraded from a hand-me-down pair of sidi tri shoes that were too small, and the Shimanos fit great. I can't say if they stretch, but I hope not, since they fit perfect now.

sidi t-1's

[Jul 14, 2002]
RoadieRob

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid platform, 3 solid straps incl. carbon lined top strap, and durable!

Cleats slides a little (any carbon sole will cause this) and they are not the lightest shoe avaialbe.

One of the best fitting, durable, all around great shoes available and at a relatively good price around $150. I have used these shoes for over 10,000 miles the last 1+ years and have never had hot spots or soreness, inlcuding multiple 100+ mile rides. Great for wider feet as well.

Nike, Diadora, Peal Izumi, etc...

[Jan 27, 2002]
trekwunda

OVERALL
Strength:

Stiff and somewhat light. Fits wider feet better than others.

Color

Great shoe.

Axio

[Jan 22, 2002]
Hackney

OVERALL
Strength:

V. stiff, light & secure

Colour takes some getting used to. Hole in sole towards toe (poetry!) lets in a lot of water during the rain. Carbon sole easily scratched but no apparent structural implications

I have very large (US 49), very wide feet and shoes have always been a bugbear. These are the first road shoes in 18 years that I''ve been entirely happy with.

Adidas Merckx, Duegi, Sidi, Jolly, Diadora, more Adidas