Shimano SH-TR50 Shoes

The Shimano TR-50 Tri shoe is the latest version in technology for the sport. Carbon Fiber sole (compatible with the 3 hole Look cleat). Single large Velcro strap for easy and quick entry and exit. New reinforced toe eliminates power loss.

[Apr 03, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

stiffness
comfort
price
looks

lack of replaceable heel pad
maybe a little too big in the toe box

these shoes are excellent. VERY stiff (the first couple of rides, my feet actually hurt b/c they are stiffer than my Sidi Ergo 1 Carbon Road shoes), while being very comfortable and roomy. Huge toe-box and I don't mind the all-silver design unlike alot of people.

for me the only minor negative to these shoes are the lack of a replaceable heel pad. i've used Sidi road shoes for years and I really like the fact that you can replace all the small parts (buckles, heel pads, etc). The shimano sole is one-piece carbon so if you wear down the heel to a nub, you are S.O.L. it's just a matter of preference.

but as I use these shoes for triathlon racing only (and sidis for everyday riding), i don't really see the lack of a replaceable heel pad as being less of a detriment and more of a "would be nice to have" kinda thing. just something i've noticed compared to my other shoes.

i raced in them this weekend w/out socks and they are very comfy.

highly recommend. I'd definitely buy another pair.