Sidi Ergo 1 Carbon Shoes

A combination of nylon and carbon creates a rigid sole which is flexible on the outside, allowing blood to circulate more freely in the foot. Closure system utilizes a single Velcro strap (with integrated security teeth) at the toe, Tecno II at the ball of the foot and the Soft Arch Compression Strap with Ultra MicroLock buckle to dial in the fit. Lorica/mesh uppers, padded tongue and molded plastic heel cup.

[Jun 13, 2008]
DM.Aelis

OVERALL
Strength:

everything; weight, stiffness, comfort, durability, and LOOKS HOT [email protected]

nothing i've found yet

Well, I took a chance and got a set of the Limited Edition Ergo 1's off of ebay, used from a biker guy in Hawaii. They were scuffed a bit, but functionally perfect. I pored over sizing online, and based on narrow feet preferring sidi type shoes, took a gamble.

This is my first pair of road shoes and I don't think I'll ever need to buy anything else.

They are comfortable over any distance. No hotspots whatsoever, great comfort. The components (carbon sole, heal pad, everything) is replaceable on the shoe if it wears out. They are lightweight. Stiff. Pro caliber for sure; after all, pros ride these shoes.

They do everything a road shoe could for me. I'd never pay the new price for em, but if price is no object there's nothing better.

[Jun 29, 2007]
johnrob

OVERALL
Strength:

Light - Well Made - Comfortable for long rides - stiff

Cheap insole - expensive, but worth every penny.

This is for the ERGO 2. I had the chance to directly compare these to the 2006 Specialized Pro Carbon and the 2006 Pearl Izumi Carbon over several thousand kilometers of riding. The PI shoe quickly fell out of the running because it rubbed the top of foot in a harsh manner (didn't fit well). In shorter rides, the Sidi and Specialized faired well. Both are stiff and comfortable. The Specialized have much better insoles, which I ended up putting in the Sidi. The top of the tongue on both shoes are nicely padded and comfortable on the up-stroke. Both shoes transfer energy very well. Both shoes look great (I have black)appear to be well made with good finish. The Sidi shoes are more precisely adjustable. Ultimately, however, the Sidi's won for long rides. They are more comfortable after 200k. I rode a century or greater every weekend for the past 5 weeks, and my feet felt better in the Sidi Ergos. Also, this is a minor point, the Sidi's are easier to walk in.

After about 3000 this spring, I find myself reaching for the Sidi Ergos while the Specialized collect dust.

see above - also various Sidi mtb shoes, Lake road and mtb shoes. Various Shimano road shoes.

[Mar 07, 2007]
Stefan Neuding

OVERALL
Strength:

FIT and Secure feeling. With this shoes you really feel connected to the pedals

Price, but you get what you paid for

I'm using the ERGO 2 carbon. It's the best shoes I've had so far. Great fit, good looking and the Sidi background. They're still Made in Italy.
That new heel cup thing is amazing. Very secure fit. You really feel ready for sprinting !!
Also the new all carbon sole is very stiff but without sacrifing confort.

Carnac, Nike, Specialized but always come back to SIDI

[Aug 19, 2006]
Saaboy

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight. Stiffness. Comfort! Appearance.

Price maybe? Also, I heard there are stiffer shoes out there.

I will admit that one of the many reasons I bought these were because, they fit well into the master color plan: Red and Black. They look great.

I always knew Sidis were great shoes, but I never expected this much comfort. When I tighten up the ratchey too much, the arch of my foot starts to hurt. I'm hoping this will be relieved with a different sole? Otherwise they fit great. They are pricey though.

Nothing comparable to this.

[Aug 04, 2006]
danielc

OVERALL
Strength:

Well built shoe and plenty stiff where it counts. I've done about 1K miles and the shoe hasn't stretched much. Parts are replaceable which is great. The shoes look really cool with the pearl irridescent effect.

I can't believe that the left shoe is slightly larger than the right. It's not such a huge deal but you would think that quality control would be more stringent. The plastic under the toe scuffs easily when trying to clip in.

I was fortunate to find these new at 50% off retail. I was initially impressed at the quality of construction. The ratchet and cable work well to tailor a custom fit. I previously used an all carbon Nike Poggio which I still think is stiffer. These shoes are plenty stiff where it counts and there is substantially more padding to keep my feet cushioned well. Since I have high arches, I replaced the inserts with a pair of Sole insoles to support my arches. I still get numb toes once in a while but I that has more to do with bike fit. My biggest problem with the shoes is that the left shoe is slightly larger and fits differently than the right. At $400 retail, you would think this wouldn't be a problem.

Northwave, Nike Poggio

[Jul 27, 2006]
Chase15.5

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort and fit. Parts on the shoe are replaceable.

A bit pricey at $380, but if I had to buy them all over, I would without hesitation.

The finest road shoes I've used. The comfort and fit are top notch. I've had a couple of Nike models, but these fit my standard width feet perfectly with no "break-in" time.

Nike Lance, Nike Poggio, Sidi Dominator (MTB)

[May 27, 2006]
jhracing

OVERALL
Strength:

Like a good bike - stiff yet compliant. Appreciate availability of spare parts, good ventilation.

Price obviously, lots of moving parts - will it be reliable? Had sore feet at first, probably from stiffness over previous shoes.

Probably needlessly expensive, but best shoes I've ever tried. Feel like comfortable slippers that somehow magically transfer power like nobody's business.

Various Sidi and Diadora road shoes

[Mar 29, 2006]
Sushioppa1

OVERALL
Strength:

Replaceble parts, Balance of stiffness and Comfort. Adjustments, Weight, Appearance. Getting compliments.

Back heel part wears out every three month or so... They are replaceble for about $11.00 dollars, But I can affort $11.00 dollar every 3 month. ( I think...)

I used it for Two years so far and It's got few cratches on it now. But If you wanna go fast.. You need these shoes.
All through the winter, I was using my Nikes for the winter rides. and they are OK , But when I got these shoes on for the spring...,
Boy What a difference between $100.00 dollar shoes and $400.00 dollar shoes...
It's pricey, But You get what you pay for!!! I think It's worth every penny of it~!

Nike, Shimano, carnac.

[Dec 20, 2005]
robbieracer

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, looks, performance, just the right amount of stiffness, quality build.

These are great shoes and a perfect fit. I had a pair of Sidi MTN shoes (dominator) for about 5 year now and they are still in great shape. I decided to finally convert over to road shoes and tried on numberous brands and the Sidi's fit my feet the best. I also decided to spend the extra money for the carbon soles and I'm very pleased with the comfort and stiffness, though not too stiff like some other full carbon soles. I heard those can cause your feet to hurt. These shoes are very comfortable and I know my feet will never hurt during a long ride. I liked these shoes so much I decided to also buy the Sidi T1 carbon triathlon shoe. These shoes are a little pricey, but you get what you pay for and I expect these shoes to last a long time.

[Jul 05, 2005]
sprintermon

OVERALL
Strength:

Very stiff where needed , light , very ajustable

The very best! Comfortable ,stable,durable.

SIDI bullets , SIDI energy