Sidi Verona 2 Shoes

MicroLock buckle and dual Velcro® strap closure system. Look, SPD®, Speedplay compatible.

[Jan 25, 2002]
spincircles

OVERALL
Strength:

Synthetic mats mean no break in. Fit my wide feet. Not cheap, but on sale a reasonable deal.

Concerned about durability of plastic ratchet strap.

Great shoes. Very comfortable, excellent power transfer. Love the ratcheting top buckle, just hope it doesn''t wear out. I have extremely wide feet. Most shoes in my proper size don''t fit forcing me to go a little big. Not a problem usually but with cycling shoes the slip is intolerable. These are the only shoes I''ve found that fit snug and comfy. I''ve tried them all. Already noticing the difference in speed with the added power to my stroke, especially in the up stroke. Try these especially if you''ve got wide feet.

Carnac, Northwave, Shimano...

[Jun 04, 2001]
Penni

OVERALL
Strength:

These shoes fit my feet! I wear size 5 - 5.5 shoes (size 36-37) and it is really hard to find shoes that fit.

None that I've discoverd so far. They are pricey but worth it if they fit your feet. Had to spend extra $20 for SPD adapters.

These are the most comfortable and best fitting bike shoes I've every tried on. I looked for a long time in shops and stores to find a shoe small enough. Comparing three shoes of the same size (37) I found they all fit very differently.

My Shimanos have always been too wide so I cinch them up very tight and still have movement. I bought a pair of Diadoras, also size 37 because they appeared to fit in the store. When I got home and tried them with my bike and correct socks I could still stick two fingers in the heel...too long but narrow enough.

So I took a chance and mail ordered the Verona's from Colo. Cyclist. They were a perfect fit. They seem to run about a half size short which is why they fit me so well. Most shoes come in half sizes but not until after size 37 or 38 which is no good for someone with small feet.

These shoes are very comfortable and have a heel grip that doesn't slip all over when you do need to walk. Even with the SPD adapters it is possible to walk without slipping or being off balance.

While riding the shoes are comfortable and seem to be well vented and keep my feet comfortable without being overly heated. The cinch straps are great and easy to adjust on the fly without having to stop and uncleat.

For me...any shoe that fits is worth the price.

Shimano and Diadora