Specialized 04 Sonoma Shoe Shoes

Designed to be a comfortable, walkable shoe with enough serious cycling features for spinning or century riding. If you''ve compromised and bought mountain bike shoes in the past to get a comfortable shoe you can walk in, then this is the shoe you have been looking for.

[Jan 24, 2005]
AJS

OVERALL

These shoes fit a niche - great for when you want to to make a run to the store or when you bike somewhere but are going to be on foot for awhile and don't want to wear out your good roadie or MTB shoes. And the best part? No More Walking Like A Penguin On Ice Skates! But be aware, these are not serious roadie boots like Sidi's or Carnac's, nor are they meant to be. You won't get the stiffness and fit-like-a-glove feel of a $200.+ racing shoe. However, they do work well for their intended purpose. When I'm out for nothing but a fast training ride or race, then of course I use my Genius Mega's. The Sonoma's have a wider toe box than many "regular" width cycling shoes and that's great. I have a size 11.5 EE foot and the Size 46 fits good. I also like the shoestrings instead of velcro - makes more sense for this kind of shoe, you just have to make sure the laces are tucked down before you ride. Too bad more mfg's haven't done a shoe like this. C'dale's similar offerings that I've tried on are quite a bit heavier than the Sonoma, and are narrower too and didn't fit me, so that's something to consider. Gotta give them a "4.5" Overall. I know I didn't pay rock-bottom but I like to support my Local Bike Shop, so Value is "4".