Specialized BG Comp Carbon Shoes

• Engineered MicroMatrix® synthetic leather

[Mar 05, 2010]
chris

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good. New buckle system is a lot better than the previous one. otherwise comfortable.

Poor design in the area that needs the most thought.

Sad to say, but I'm not impressed. I have the Comp mtn shoe, so I figured I'd give the road version a try. Turns out the padding around the cleat plates inside the insole is crappy and it feels like i'm bruising the ball of my foot when I get out of the saddle for a hard effort. Took it to two shops who didn't have my size for a replacement, so they said to put extra padding in the area and see how it works. Really, for a $170 shoe?

Believe it or not, my Shimano R098 ($30 on clearance) have held up for years and are more comfortable across the board.

[Mar 25, 2008]
drewmcg

OVERALL
Strength:

Fit; lightness; stiff soles

My feet still hurt during centuries. Fortunately, the velcro straps are easy to loosen, even on the bike.

I've used these shoes over one year. I like them alot. Light, stiff soles, plenty of room in the toe box, good ventilation. Body Geometry works for me.

previous Specialized road shoes; and old pair of sidi's