Castelli Cronos bib shorts Shorts

The Cronos features a refined 8- panel construction for a perfect anatomical fit in the racing position. There’s an aerodynamic trip strip on the lateral side to break airflow and a Giro+ silicone leg gripper to provide maximum circulation. Last but not least, is our multi-density AC seat pad with NASA cooling technology. Your race times and temperature-controlled private parts will thank you.

Action fabric with Prosecco treatment
AC seat pad
Anatomical 8-panel cut
Trip strip on side panel for BLC aerodynamics
Buco straps eliminate fabric bunching
Flat-lock stitching
Giro+ injection molded silicon leg gripper

[Jun 12, 2009]
aaron

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, longevity, good fit

if you're a rider who needs lots of padding, find something else. I'm still not sold on the silicone; but also don't believe the assos style gripper is much better.

These are nice, comfortable shorts - the first shorts I returned to Castelli and quickly say how nice they are to work with on defective items - they sent me new bibs immediately. I'm still not sure that the bike shop hadn't received these as returns because the first set seemed to have some wear that hasn't occurred on my new shorts.
It also helps to get the assos padding creme and refresh it after each wash - it keeps the pad quite comfortable

Pearl Izumi, Santorini

[Aug 30, 2008]
Joe

OVERALL
Strength:

very comfortable

The AC pad comes apart from the short.

I have multiple pairs of the crono and free bibshorts and they are very comfortable when they don't fall apart. Castelli replaced one pair but won't on the others. The AC pad comes apart from the short (In all pairs).

[Aug 10, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Breathable,Good Padding, Shoulder straps stay put

Shorts have separated at the AC seat pad heat seal to the actual short (on both pair that I purchased.

Thus far I have found these bibs to be comfortable and functional. The Split shoulder strap seems to help keep the strap in place. The leg is a bit shorter than I’m used to but that’s not an issue for me. One issue of concern is that the AC pad on both pair of shorts that I purchased has separated at the heat seal to the short body. I have no more than 4 rides in the range of 30-50 miles on each pair of these. I machine wash and air dry all my riding cloths and I treat all my chamois’ with Assos cream. So, the separation is a big disappointment. Both pair of bibs failed at the same point and location (left side). I’m working with the company that I made the purchase from. At $149.99 a pair, I’m hoping they will replace these defective items. And, I hope this is an isolated incident. I'll post an update when I have an outcome.

First venture into bibs. I have used Castelli shorts for many years though.