Pearl Izumi PRO Microsensor Bib Shorts Shorts

• Pearl Izumi's Own MicroSensor® fabric
  • MicroSensor® -Mesh Bib •08'
  • 3D Pro Chamois with Carbon Reflex thread for added heat dispersion
  • Pearl Izumi signature elastic leg grippers with silicon dots
  • Center back mesh panel strategically placed for added ventilation under jersey pockets
  • Flatlock stitching for smooth comfort against skin
  • Content: Short: 69% Nylon/16% Polyester/15% Lycra® Bib: 83% Nylon/17% Spandex
  • Includes Pearl Izumi's New Lifetime Guarantee

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 11, 2010]
    Greg

OVERALL
    Strength:

all around good product

I'm a 36 waist and I bought a large and if I buy a second pair I think I'll buy an extra large. For a 36 inch waist the large on me is just a little snug.

I have had two pair of cheaper shorts and was not happy with the comfort level. I bought a pair and it was well spent money. I'll buy a second pair. I'd like to venture out and try other types/brands but this are so good I'm scared not to buy the same thing again.

[May 20, 2010]
    saltydog

OVERALL
    Strength:

impressed with the comfort

could not pass up this great deal. used them in a century ride a few weeks back and was very impressed. by far the best pearl shorts that i have

2 different pairs of pearl izumi shorts not sure of their name and a couple of pairs of sugoi

[Jul 20, 2009]
    mac31

OVERALL
    Strength:

good feel, fit, and wicking action.

not enough padding near the perineum.

i was very excited to get these shorts. the deal was too good to pass up. the shorts are usually over $120. unfortunately, they did not hold up to my expectations. the fit is good and the microsensor material and wicking action are great. however, i have a huge problem with the chamois. the chamois situated under the sit bones feels good, but since i ride in more aggressive position i am not sitting back on my sit bones. the area where most of my weight falls is the perineum and the 3d pro's just don't have enough padding there, which leads to numbness early and often on my rides. the shorts should not be worn past 90 minutes, due to the lack of padding near the front of the chamois. more upright riders may like the chamois, but if into racing or riding in the drops numbness is sure to creep in.

cheapies

[Mar 20, 2008]
    MT Road

OVERALL
    Strength:

The Shammy pad.. fantastic

None yet

Making the switch to bibs I have had two others that did not fit or where not comfortable, I do a lot of long rides (80 – 100+ miles) one pair of Bellwethers I just used after an 82 mile ride literally rubbed bloody spots on my inner thighs.. (fine for little 30 – 35 mile rides)

Anyway never thought I would pay this much for a short but bought a pair and the second ride I used them on was a Century ride 6 hours later and not one rub or sore spot – pretty impressed. Since then I have had these on for no less than five 75 + mile rides and never a rubbing issue. Holds the junk in the correct place and great feel..

RJ. Bellweather, Nike, Addidas, Sugoi