Pearl Izumi Slice UltraSensor Bib Shorts Shorts

Pearl Izumi Slice UltraSensor Bib Technicker: High-performing ELITE Transfer UltraSensor? fabric gives our men's Slice UltraSensor? Bib Techknicker fit, durability and moisture management for ultimate comfort in the saddle...

[Sep 12, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality construction and excellent chamois and comfort.

Price in Australia is a bit high.

I was converted to bib shorts long ago, but found my last ones (cheapies) just irritated me on long rides. I've used the Pearl Izumi Slices just twice now and realised almost straight away just how good they are. The Chamois is excellent and provides comfort for a long time. No chafing or rubbing anywhere. I never felt better after a long ride. The bib doesn't catch or rub anywhere and it feels a lot cooler to wear on our hot days. The material doesn't catch on the saddle when you mount or dismount.

Proline.

[Jul 01, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort on long rides, excellent chamois, good fabric weight.

none so far

Very good short for the money. Chamois is superb, and comfort on long rides is far better than bargain shorts. Once you go bib, go won't go back. No unusual wear yet, so I expect long life. Very satisfied.

All Performance designs, including Ultra

[Nov 22, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, fit, durability

I have tried Demarchi, Performance and these. The Pearl's are worth the extra 20.00 by far. Much better on long rides and overall comfort is greater.

Performance Elite, Demarchi

[Aug 15, 2008]
cyclinglawyer

OVERALL
Strength:

Great fit, comfortable chamois

Price, but I got a good deal at the outlet store.

Prior to purchasing these, I always was a short wearer, using Pearl Izumi Attack shorts primarily. Trying this bib made me realize that I'll probably buy another short again! Extremely comfortable.

Pearl Izumi Attack Shorts

[Jul 04, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

fit and comfort

price

Great fit and comfort. The 4-way stretching does seem to matter. I tried on their bibs a notch below in price and it just didn't feel the same. I've worn Performance's top of the line bibs for years, now the Pearl Izumi's are my first choice.

Performance bibs

[Mar 25, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

-Durable
-Extremely comfortable, never a need for chamois butter

cost, but well worth the investment

I bought the '06 model on a transcontinental trip. I purchased them in Boulder and made my way up through Canada to Anchorage, AK. I wore these everyday for 40+ days and washed them 5 or 6 times throughout that duration. They have roughly 4,500 miles on them and they just started wearing down today. I've taken a nasty spill in them and they stretched a little but never tore.

They are extremely comfortable and have definitely surpassed my expectations. I ordered the '08 model and can't wait to try the new ones out.

pearl izumi microsensor shorts