Performance Bib Shorts Shorts

Performance Bib Shorts

[Oct 30, 2010]
BigDaddy

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort and fit. Value.

None yet. Hopefully they've got durability.

This review is for the Performance Elite Bib.

Amazed at the comfort and fit of this under $60.00 bib! Although the upper portion (not sure of the nomenclature) of the bib was slightly loose, everything appeared to fit just fine. I may just need to try the small size instead of medium. In any case, excellent value for the dollar compared to my other $100++ bibs. I buying more of these bibs!

Pear Izumi, Assos, Giordana, Desoto.

[Mar 14, 2010]
fast951

OVERALL

I will never wear shorts again. Bibs rock, they keep the pad from sliding and feel great.

[Nov 30, 2008]
69chevelle70

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, comfort.

Durability is not as good as others.

Overall a good value. A step up from regular shorts by far. That said they are still a notch below Pearl Izumi however price wise dollar for dollar they rock.

Pearl Izumi

[Jun 25, 2008]
Adam

OVERALL
Strength:

lightweight but durable. price. chamois is comfortable. good look and feel

none so far

first off let me say that regardless of brand i will never use shorts again bibs are great. this review is for the ultras.these bibs can't be beat for the price i own two pair and they are always the ones i reach for. and now the elite got bicycling's 2008 editors choice i already have a pair on order and can't wait to try them

borah, nike, and pearl izumi

[Feb 22, 2008]
guaps

OVERALL
Strength:

Very cool (lots of air flow)
Solid construction

Extremely uncomfortable chamois

This is for the Ultra bibs. These bibs are the worst pair in my closet. They aren't total junk, but they're the last pair I grab if I have another choice. My main complaint in the chamois - the padding isn't great and the material is more course than the others I have used. I almost always get some kind of chaffing after about 20 miles with this chamois, and I've never had a problem with others. After about a year of use the material is starting to wear on the inside of the leg where it rubs on the saddle, but that's to be expected after a year of use. They are very cool in hot weather which is also nice.

Nike, Pearl Izumi, Castelli

[Feb 21, 2008]
jrpelayo

OVERALL
Strength:

This review is for the Performance Elite Bib Shorts:

I have a pair of expensive Nalini bib shorts so wondered how these Performance ones would feel in comparison. My first ride with them was on a 60-mile training route, and I couldn't notice much of a difference. The padding was comfortable and the fit good. If anything, the shorts felt slightly tighter around the legs. Having recently been sold on the benefits of bib shorts I'm stocking up and buying another pair. What an incredible bargain!

None.

An absolute bargain in terms of quality and comfort.

Nalini bib shorts

[Oct 10, 2007]
Dave L.

OVERALL
Strength:

Value

Sizes seem to be hit and miss...I have size medium and size large in the same bib short and both fit the same????

Elite bib shorts are great value at sale prices. I have two pair and have been very pleased with them. Not sure if they will last as long as a pair of Pearl Izumi but at 1/3-1/2 the price I guess it not a fair comparison.

Pearl Izume, Cannondale, Trek, Nike...

[Jul 30, 2007]
saccycling

OVERALL
Strength:

very comfortable

not very durable

Very comfortable short. My only complain is the stiching starts to go out after 3 months.

cheap shorts

[Sep 30, 2006]
drumdog

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, conforms well, drys quickly, lightweight, low cost.

None found.

This review is for the Ultra Bibs; this is the first bib short I have owned and I am extremely pleased. I don't think I'll ever go back to plain shorts. The material wicks moisture away very quickly and has good compression for your leg muscles. The chamois is comfortable, fit is great. Cost was very good; I now have two. No complaints!

[Feb 17, 2005]
rsvllerider30

OVERALL
Strength:

Price. A good comfortable bibshort for under $80 is very hard to find. Durability. They have held up for about 4k miles of riding on them and multiple washes. The graphics have not come off and the stitching is still solid. I've even taken a spill with them mountain biking and no problems.

The bib portion goes up rather high in front and back so they are not the coolest shorts when it gets hot out. The Demarchis have a lower cut and mesh straps which makes them cooler. Also try them before you buy. I'm 5'8" and usually wear a medium shorts. These are the only bibshorts that I've had to get in a small. The reason was that the straps were too long and hung loosely when sitting on the bike. Luckily I can also fit in a small without too much trouble. ;-)

This is for the multi-L bibshorts. Until the Demarchis went on sale at WCP I would say that these are the best bibshorts for the money. They are very comfortable and durable as well. The have held up through countless trips through the washer and dryer. The lycra is on the thick side but very durable. If someone is looking for a decent bibshort and doesn't want to spend the money these are a good way to go.

Demarchi, Louis Garneau, Pearl Izumi, Verge

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.