Performance Fort Classic Cork Tape Bar Tape

[Feb 05, 2008]
mike2g

OVERALL
Strength:

No Sticky Backing.
Stretches well with no sign of tearing after significant stretching.
Came with pair of shiny bar end caps.
Relatively inexpensive bar tape, allowing more frequent replacement

Not as cushy as older Specialized Tape with Bar Phat

Great tape in a variety of colors. (although I chose black, replacing my worn white tape) Stretches quite a bit, I did not feel that it would break at any point.

Specialized Bar Phat

[Jan 02, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap. Thick.

No sticky backing. A little thick for my liking.

I tend to be pretty devoted to Cinelli tape and use it as the gold standard. Unlike Cinelli (and like Profile tape), this tape does not have any double stick tape backing. Some people like this, I don't. My hands sweat a lot, so I like having the tape stuck to the bars to keep it from moving around. I did find this tape to be a bit thicker than Cinelli, and pretty durable for stretching. Overall a good budget alternative, but not for me. I bought two rolls, so my kid's bikes will inherit the other!

Cinelli, Deda

[Feb 15, 2005]
Sablotny

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, looks right, dense & thick. Costs what bar tape should cost.

No "I Ride Pinarello" embossing.

Great value, high cork, more dense & thicker than Cinelli. May not have as much cush, but lasts longer & rolls the bar phatter.

Cinelli, Profile, Stella Azzurra, GT, Sala reg & Gomma, Ciclolinea

[Aug 28, 2003]
bholland

durability

Not at all pleased with the durability of the tape. Went on easy, looked good new, was comfortable, but after 3,000 miles it is shot.

cinelli, stella azzura (unbelievablely good, but tough to find - wish I had bought some extras)

[Jul 04, 2002]
DaveG

OVERALL
Strength:

great feel of cork value

cork tape gets dirty fast

I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I've been a fan of Cinelli cork tape for a few years. I saw the Forte cork tape and sale and bought 2 rolls for two of my bikes. So far, I don't notice any difference between the Forte tape and the Cinelli and the Forte tape obviously saves some money.

Cinelli cork Profile cork-filled Sampson fatwrap