ITM Mantjs Handlebars

Height: 178 mm

[Mar 22, 2003]
Dan Dalton

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight Comfort

Too forgiving for some at the ends

For rough rads this works very nicely. At first I thought too flexy, particularly down on the drops where it's easy to deflect the extremeties about 1cm closer together just with a bit of a squeeze. I had been used to a hulking 1980s Cinelli number that would jack up an elephant without bowing an inch, adn I was expecting to get very slow out of the lights when I realised what I had in store. In practice this is far less noticeable than you might think. For a start, when up on the brake hoods, the flex is far lower, and this seems to be the easiest power position wiht these bars anyhow. Secondly, the rattle from the road is so low on the drops that even at high speeds, over long wobbly roads, there's little tiredness or numbness, and my previously shattered ulnar nerves have started to let me sleep at night. As a non-STI rider, I do find the part of the bar recessed for cables a little thin. This is less likely to be a problem for others, however. For all but the very strong this is not a bad bar.

Cinelli, TTT

[Aug 27, 2001]
Morten

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stiff (too stiff) and strong.

Have no idea :-)

Sprint with confidence!

ITM Super Europa (330 grams of flex!), tried 20-year-old Cinelli.