Profile Design Carbon Stryke Aerobars Handlebars

Light bars. Offset design, F-18 arm rests with thick, dense pads. Adjustable angle, 90mm length adjustment. Carbon fiber with internal aluminum construction.

[May 29, 2010]
mercierfils

OVERALL
Strength:

range of adjustment
comfort

weight

I have a couple thousand miles with these on the bike. I like the comprehensive adjustability and the comfort. They are sturdy enough, some twisting but nothing excessive. It seems like they weigh as much as my old Century aerobar - the bars themselves are very light, but the clamps are huge aluminum castings. I take them off for anything more than rolling hills.

Profile Century aerobar

[Apr 14, 2010]
actuary530

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable grip, easily adjustable, attractive appearance, supports profile drink system.

Bolts rust from sweat. Plastic arm rest feel week (the armrest broke while I was riding).

Used with care I believe this is good for those who are willing to take the time to be fitted properly. I would not recommend this product if you have a weak abdominal section or tight hamstrings.

[Mar 15, 2007]
Matt B

OVERALL
Strength:

Fairly stiff, lightweight, super adjustable and comfortable

The only problem I've had is that the carbon started to chip near the mounting bracket

These bars are pretty aweosome. Ive used them for over a year and they have served me well. They are really comfortable and so adjustable that it seems like I can tweak them just that much more.

Syntace C2

[Aug 13, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Very light, nice elbow rests and the contoured grip is perfectly shaped. The length and rotational adjustment makes fitting a no compromise event.

Already a recall on a part, Does Profile design do this a lot?

Light weight, easy to set up, rigid and the infinite adjustability is only a problem because I keep thinking I can tweak them a bit more.

Profile Design Airstrike Aerobar

[Jun 09, 2003]
bob shapiro

OVERALL
Strength:

Lite, strong!

Rewuire upgrades for elbow mounts toget maimum crazy positioning!!!

These aero's rock & roll! Tried a few, and they are so light, and still, easy to adjust on the fly, and now have crazy bracket upgrades, so they are better than ever, also make a good hanger for drying my jerrsy's before I hang the bike up! never rust!

a few, can't remember which names..Syntax..Deda

[Aug 30, 2002]
rich9cinti

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, Carbon Fiber, endless adjustability, VERY Comfy, quality feel, sharp-looking appearance!!! You will see a definite increase to your overall speed... especially at speeds greater than 20 MPH.

Price... it seems every great upgrade to to my road and mountain bike are always $100 plus.

I finally decided to try aero bars. I am so glad I bought the Carbon Strykes... I don't know why most roadies keep talkin down the use of aero bars. Need to use common sense when using aero bars... purely for open road with not much stop and go... don't use them in heavy traffice roads!!! Anyhow, I gained 1.7 miles faster to my average speed on my first try. The are very comfortable and very adjustable. It actually eases the pressure off of my A$$...LOL! I am starting to train for my first triathlon... I can surely use these for training and for the race!

[Jan 09, 2002]
lverma

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable, unbelieveably adjustable,

Needs place for computer, havent found a way to use bar end shifters yet, but i prefer sti anyway.

By far this is the best aerobar i have used. By far the most comfortable and easily the most adjustable. The armrests can sit up to 2 inches behing the handlebar or 2 inches in front. You can have your aerobars curve inward, have them sit straight, or even switch em around and let your wrists stay open (its actually rather comfortable if not aerodynamic). Worth every penny and they are probably the best ones available in a limited market.

Syntace, Scott,

[Apr 05, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, adjustable for length and wrist angles

Inability to tilt rests independent of supports

The nicest aero clip-on bars so far with adjustability in mind.

Airstrykes, Syntace C2 Ultralights