Profile Design Lightning Stryke Handlebars

• Multi-directional carbon fiber
  • 375g

[May 02, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Main draw for me is that this bar clamps onto the stem instead on onto the base bar (in my case the drop bar). I use a road bike for triathlons so needed to mount the clip-on aero bar closer to me to off-set the long top tube on my road bike. Installing this bar on the stem means I am able to position the bar and elbow rests way back, and find a good compromise position just forward of my knees.

I also prefer the "Y" bar than 2 individual bars for clip-ons simple because it makes installation much easier and saves some weight.

Adjustibility - there is only 3 positions for how "wide" (i.e. far apart) the elbow rests are. Compared to aero bars with elbow rests that mount straight onto the base/drop bar, it means less possible positions. Even the "widest" position was narrower than my previous setting, but it was easy enough to adapt to it with no drama.

Did not update the price as I paid Singapore dollars for it, which may not be relevant given how much the USD has fallen lately. Nice simple carbon clip-on aero bars. My purchase included the Profile Design Hammer stem which is needed because this clip-on bar attaches to the stem and needs the special octagonal shape of the Profile Design stem.