Ritchey Pro BioMax II Handlebars

• Deep groove hides cables

[May 16, 2010]
CircaRigel

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight
great ergonomic design
reduction in hand fatigue
Great price

Reach to brake levers may be a little far for someone with small hands.

There's not much to complain about these bars. The bend on top is definitely an improvement on the old standard, and the hump in the drops is a perfect fit to the hand, reducing hand fatigue. My only complaint is that the design can make it difficult for someone with small hands (like myself) to reach the brake levers, especially if they're not compact levers. I have compact, so this isn't a huge issue, but if the reach were any farther, it would be a big problem. While it's not generally listed as being available, I was able to find these in 38cm sizing at Amazon.com.

[Nov 05, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent value, nice finish, good fit for my big hands.

I would prefer the drops to be just a bit longer at the end so that I could have one more hand position - but the bars are so comfortable in the drops compared to most that this is a minor complaint.

I have large hands and many of the ergo bars don't fit my grip well because they are too small. This bar fits me very well - the ergo 'bump' is well shaped and actually works on this bar - the best ergo bar I have had.

The compact design makes for a very comfortable ride.

The swept back tops fit my hands / wrists well - just enough for comfort but not too much that they look funny.

Stiff enough for country road riding.

Cinelli / Deda / 3T / ITM / Bontrager

[Jul 08, 2008]
Tyler Blalock

OVERALL
Strength:

Shape
Strength
High quality

Price
Reach to brakes from drop is long.

These are very nice bars. The tops come back a little bit towards you, but I don't think that makes a huge difference. The real difference comes from the short reach and the shallow drops, which have a slight flair. They work great with Campy levers, buy the way, but the reach to the brakes is long due to the shallow drop. The ergonomic "bump" in the drop section fills up the hand quite nicely.