Syntace USA C2 Clip Ultralite Aero Handlebars

Padded, adjustable-width BioWing armrests are positioned behind the handlebar for greater comfort in an aero tuck. Narrow front minimizes drag, and the bend gives you a variety of hand positions. Sizes: Small (fits to 5'6"), Meduim (5'6"-6'0"), Large (over 6').

[May 08, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Speed increase, another position to get into to help the miles pass by and get weight off of the arms, I have noticed an improvement in lower back strength (doing 130 25 instead of 12 times in the gym), place to put helmet during cool down or to rub head to stimulate sweat during a hot ride, it just makes your bike look faster, one more cheap upgrade to keep you interested for another couple of months.

My headset started to creek about 150 miles after I started using, coincidene maybe but i'm not sure. Your lips hurting real bad from the wind mushing your face like something from a NASA space training video.

I think these bars are great. Switching to a new position is like starting a new ride (for me) and their especially useful in a headwind. Other people have complained about the pads not retracting but I find during a cool down and sometimes even a warm up it helps even more to put my hands on top of the pads for a even more mountain bike like open chest position than having them on the spot that is taken up by the pads. Of course I do most of my climbing out of the saddle being that i'm in florida and have to get the most advantage from every hill.

Putting my elbows on the bars to simulate aero bars. (works well but not recommended unless you know the road really well and know where every bump is)

[Sep 17, 2007]
BPDunit90

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, Comfortable, Adjustable

I bought these aero bars to replace the junk stock ones that came on my Mercier Aero TT. These bars kick ass. I immediately noticed a difference in stiffness and comfort. The pads are plush and my profile aero water bottle fits between the bars nicely. The bars came with a computer mount which is also a plus. I just love these bars.

Tranz-X aero bar

[Jul 17, 2006]
jgpierce

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight
Additional body position provided
Additional speed
Good installation instructions.

None so far.

Purchased these (and also the Aerolink) after a couple of months of research here and asking other riders about aerobars, in general, and Syntace, in particular. Spent two weeks getting comfortable with them, then used them in earnest this weekend on Seattle-to-Portland (STP) 200-mile ride. Nice being able to get into a different position and get weight off the hands on a long ride. You immediately pick up 1-2 mph at the same level of effort. Particularly helpful while pedaling into a headwind.

None.

[Dec 11, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable, easy to mount and set up, look good, multiple hand positions

none so far, but if new to aerobars, give yourself a bit of practice time in a safe area

Man, these things are light! I was appresensive about getting aerobars since I'd never had then before and good ones are not cheap. I was afraid of getting just another bell and whistle. Thesae are very nice for long solo rides! They get you into a more aero position, but more importantly it gets the weight off your wrists and hands. This can be important when you start getting pasat the four hour mark. I purchased these based on some of the reviews here, and although I haven't used any other aerobar, I wouldn't even consider anything else.

[Feb 17, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

EZ to setup. Very, very light.

Pads do not move out of the way. My hands are big and I have trouble squeezing them under the pads.

First pair of aerobars I've owned. Very light and comfortable - after you play with the setup. I'd give it a 5 overall if the pads moved out of the way.

[Jul 19, 2004]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfy, comfy, comfy. Gets you in an aero position. One of the few things in life I just know will work. I also like the fact that the wings are fixed. I thought I would wish they would retract, but the only time I am out of them is when I'm climbing (or resting)and my hands fit fine underneath.

Someone else's sweat in the pads if that kind of stuff bothers you.

Quite possibly my favorite piece of equipment other than my bike, however when I get a new bike these will come with me. I never have to worry about them. They don't squeak, rattle or roll. They are as comfortable as the day is long or the ride or whatever. I am still on my first pair of pads and they were the used ones that came with it, yeah its gross, but sweat I don't care. I guess they're light I didn't notice too much when I put them on other than in order to turn you lean rather than steer. If you want aerobars get these. If the price drives you away look on ebay and find a good deal. I have the aerolink and I like it, have not ridden w/o it so nothing to compare it to.

[Dec 22, 2003]
kyle79

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort and looks

price (but worth it)

Was going to buy something cheaper at first, but then decided to go the extra as these got great reviews everywhere i looked. these tri-bars were easy to fit and i found them to be very comfortable. the only drawback was that, due to the stem i was using the bars were too far apart to fit aerolink.

i've been lucky, these are my first tri-bars.

[Oct 27, 2003]

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightest-weight aerobars out there. Most comfortable aerobars out there. Arm rest placement above and behind handlebars makes them "all-day" comfortable, even with very low handlebars. Small clamp area. Room to grab handlebar under fixed (no flip-up) armrest pads.

Cost, usually retail at $120. Some people may not like the higher, less-aero position which I think is a plus. Fixed pads do not flip up.

The lightest, most comfortable aerobars I have ever tried. Higher position than most other aerobars, affords great comfort especially on long ultra-distance rides. Took a week to get used to riding open handgrips (no Aerolink bridge) after riding Scott RCOs for years, but feels natural now.

Scott RCO aerobars

[Jun 02, 2003]
Ron Obvious

OVERALL
Strength:

Design promotes stability and the adjustability promotes good fit. Lightweight, easy setup and nice to have 3 sizes.

You’d wish the yo-yo would be more usable as a yo-yo.

Nice use of the box and yo-yo for setup. A very comfortable and stable aerobar. Read the reviews; put tape in the end caps and no problems. Some quality issues with decals coming off and calibration marks, but that’s OK.

Profile.

[May 08, 2003]
sdebont

OVERALL
Strength:

Quality product, lot of configurations possible. A 'system'.

Price, but they are worth it. Very hard to get them in a shop these days in the Netherlands. I almost gave up 'getting them'.

Why didn't I buy these earlier instead of suffering with my Profile AirStryke ? I gave up some aerodynamics and gained a lot of ergonomics. They feel very comfortable and stable.

Profile AirStryke (first version), Cinelli Spinaci.