Bontrager Affinity RL Saddles

The Affinity RL strikes the perfect balance between race-ready performance and all day riding comfort. Plenty lightweight thanks to hollow titanium rails and a carbon fiber reinforced base, the Affinity RL uses Zone Density foam, a gender-specific Contour Relief Zone (CRZ), and Size Specific Curvature technology to deliver proper skeletal support without sacrificing soft tissue comfort.

[Jul 13, 2012]
Brett

OVERALL
Strength:

Grippier (just right), softer, better fit, lighter

none yet

I have a 2011 Trek 2.1 that came with an Affinity 1 seat. I have 14 months and 2,050 miles on this seat. Was a little uncomfortable, but I figured that was normal for a road bike seat and it is tolerable. I just replaced it with the Affinity RL and the RL is way better. Noticed the difference immediately. It is just soft enough in the right places, fits better, lighter, and looks nicer. The seats look similar, but they are different. Local bike store (The Bike Store, Warner Robins, GA) used the Bontrager size board and I got the red 128 mm. Plus they discounted it to $99. I'm gonna try it for a while and maybe experiment with other brands, but this is a great buy.

[May 02, 2012]
Josh J

OVERALL
Strength:

comfort, weight, looks

none so far

***Review is for 146 width.**Have been riding on a very wide very cushy saddle for over a year, weighed nearly a full pound. Went to this for the weight drop and reviews of comfort. This saddle is spot on. The flex of the rear and the semi firm padding is excellent. The hollow ti rails seem to absorb more road vibration then usual. I have only put a 20 miler so far on this saddle but feels the same as my huge saddle I replaced. Very satisfied, plus I got it for $40 online....

[Oct 24, 2011]
jbwillson

OVERALL
Strength:

Affordable, comfortable, and light

None so far

I had been looking for a Goldilocks saddle -- not too hard, not too soft, but just right. My Trek 2.3 came with a Specialized Phenom saddle that was way too hard for my tyro's butt when I satrted riding, so I put a Giant MTB saddle on the bike. That was comfortable at first, but when my rides lengthened to over an hour, I understood why harder saddles are better. I tried the Phenom again, but never got used to it -- it's torturous. The Affinity RL is right in the middle -- harder than the Affinity R, softer than the RXL. I just finished my first metric century and had no saddle issues whatsoever, unlike my riding partner, who was sore for days after from his Phenom.

Giant MTB saddle, Specialized Phenom

[Sep 08, 2011]
J. Martínez

OVERALL
Strength:

Light. Looks good.

Hard like a rock.

I regret buying this saddle. It is hard as hell. I cannot find a comfortable position that lasts for too long, and after 15 miles my legs start hurting from pressure under the seat bones, I imagine either a nerve or an artery. Mind you, I am wearing a chamois.

Bontrager Inform RL.