Bontrager InForm RXL Saddles

• Bontrager Science of Comfort blends three elements for a perfect riding experience: performance, design and comfort
  • 3 widths of saddles allow perfect match to your sit bones
  • Rear curvature of saddles is customized based on saddle size for optimal seating support
  • Custom Tuned Shell for support and comfort
  • Superlight Bontrager ZONE DENSITY foam puts the support and the compliance in specific zones where it's needed
  • Graphics are optimized to be away from high friction zones during riding
  • Hollow titanium rails

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 13, 2015]
    Sillgey

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort, fit, light weight

Two rear points.

This saddle came with the 6.9 Madone I purchased over 5 years ago. While I thought it quite firm initially, the saddle and my crotch quickly came to terms with each other and it has been comfortable ever since. For comparison purposes, I tend to like old school "plush" saddles which I have on some of my other bikes (Selle Regal & Super Turbo, Avocet R1, and lately a Brooks Flyer), but the Bontrager seems to offer the most comfort on an all-day ride. The shape and support must be just right for me as it is comfortable whether I'm riding the tops/hoods or down in the drops.

The only negative I have experienced is that the two points on the back of the saddle sometimes grab my bibs. This happens when I stand up and back out of the saddle and then try to slide forward in re-seating myself. If I were to change anything about the saddle it would be rounding off those two points.

[Sep 11, 2012]
    phoehn9111

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort, variable positioning

Grid running down middle can grip bibs on extremely hot rides

Best saddle I have ever ridden, even better than the Selle Italia SLR. It is possible to move
    around and slide slightly back and forth while preserving comfort, useful on rides. Literally
    feels as if my nethers are like a towel draped on a hanger, no pressure points whatsoever.

[Jul 30, 2012]
    Ryan

OVERALL
    Strength:

Didnt hurt me or leave me numb.

Plastic-ish material needed occasional light rubdown with spray wax detailer to keep from grabbing the shorts. The devil horns at the back eventually see the shell peek through material and those dig into your shorts. practically destroyed an 8th ride pr of pearl bibs on a century this weekend. Why does Keith allow junk like this to carry his name. Junk MTB cranks, Junk road wheels, junk saddles, and now 10000$ Treks littered with his...JUNK

See above. Gave it 600mi. The last 100mi saw it scuff a still new pr of pearl bibs. Didnt notice sooner b/c the saddle didnt hurt me. Might've still sought a slightly better ride feel over long haul (and 5.9 looks wrong with a brooks)... but hell make it a round tail or something. You cost me a pr of 140$ bibs!!!

Various

[May 10, 2011]
    Kevin

OVERALL
    Strength:

Firm

Poor shape- the gradual wing design causes serious pressure points resulting in saddle sores
    - the slight cradle shape puts too much pressure on the penal area

This saddle SUCKS!! I've given it a more than fair chance accumulating over 2500km on it since installing it in February and I can honestly say I absolutely hate it. I used Bontrager's saddle measuring device and I read their technological write-ups and everything checked out, but in practical use the saddle did not perform at all. The shape is awful! If it's not giving me the worst saddle sores I've ever had in countless thousands of kms of riding my junk is going numb from moving myself forward to relieve pressure on said saddle sores. This saddle is absolutely awful.. Now I know why Bontrager offers a 90 day NQA return policy... they must have realised the serious problems these saddles cause and tried to recoup their losses...

Selle Italia SLR TT, Selle Italia Flite, previous Bontrager saddles (also garbage)

[Dec 28, 2010]
    Dave

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light weight

I would probably have not bought the saddle if it was full price but with the sale I figured I would try it.

I bought this saddle on clearance at the lbs. The employees informed me about the 90 guarantee so I purchased it. I felt the discomfort on the first few rides with the saddle but ever since then I have enjoyed it and would recommend it.

Stock Trek 1.5 seat
    Stock Scott CR1 elite seat

[Jun 24, 2010]
    dirby42

OVERALL

This saddle came with my 2010 Trek Madone 6.5. I experienced severe pain around my sit bones on any ride over 30 miles. This is the only saddle I have ever returned, but it was unbearable.

[May 15, 2010]
    tom

OVERALL
    Strength:

light
    158grams

hard and small

very uncomfortable, hard and narrow
    128mm wide

wtb rocket

[Mar 13, 2010]
    Jon

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort.

Poor fit & finish. Poor cover material quality. Rails need to be longer.

I had been riding a Fizik Aireon Wingflex the last 5,000 miles. Anything longer than an hour ride numbness would set in. Typical ride time for me is 2 to 3 hours. Saw all the articles about the R&D they did developing this seat so I thought I'll give it a try. Checked them out at my LBS. First thing I noticed was the quality was spoty on the cover. On the nose and at the rear the cover material was cracked or worn off or wrinkled. Got measured on the gel machine. Wanted to buy on but couldn't see paying full retail for poor fit & finish. Maybe if Lance rode it Trek would do something about the quality. So I bought one brand new on E-bay for about 70 bucks. I rode it for about 3 days wearing new RXL bib shorts so this I would start fresh. Was sore as hell. Took 2 days off the bike to rest & heal up. After playing with the seat angle I can honestly say that I expierence no numbness at all. The saddle disapears under me. Never even think about it on the ride.

Fizik Aireon. Sella San Marco Aerohead. WTB.

[Jul 28, 2009]
    roadbike_moron

OVERALL
    Strength:

90 Money Back Guarantee.

Material, Workmanship, and quality control

I bought this saddle is because of the 90 money back guarantee. However, this is by far the worse saddle in terms of material, quality, and workmanship I have witnessed. How in the world they command a $159 price tag is beyond me.

First of all, comfort wasn't there. Perhaps it may work for your body type.

Secondly, the quality control sucks! The saddle came with covering seem already undone from one side. The covering is held down by staples and glue - talk about cheap.

Finally, the covering material is paper thin. Whatever it is made from, it will rub off very quickly thus exposing the white padding material. With less than 150 miles on this saddle, the edge around the nose of my saddle was worn from the occasional light contact with my thigh.

I'm going back with my Selle Italia leather saddles at this price range.

Specialized Gel Toupe, Selle Flite Gel Flow,

[Jul 16, 2009]
    waterford853

OVERALL
    Strength:

90 day refund policy.

This was a stone to me.

I tried it on a few rides. 45-70mi. Couldn't stick it out like some of the others.

Looks nice, but I was not crazy about the painted rails.

Specialized Toupe - good (worth trying)
    Selle Italia SLR - great but hard nose