CODA Competition Road Saddle Saddles

• Hand tooled leather with two-tone black color
  • Super strong and featherlight forged alloy rails
  • Side scale indicator on rails for precise adjustment
  • CODA designed suspension road bridge system for increased comfort
  • CODA designed "ASCEND" saddle shell system increases comfort and protects soft tissue
  • CODA logo on sides and rear

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 28, 2003]
    frankmuenn

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks nice. More padding than racing saddles.

Narrow, padding not firm enough.

The saddle came with a Cannondale T700, Y2K model. I used it for a 27mi daily commute and for occasional weekend rides, often on rough roads or single track, in the Santa Cruz mountains. I'm hard on equipment. The Coda saddle was not nearly as comfortable as the old no-name saddle on my 1980-model Univega touring bike. So I ditched the Coda in favor of said much older saddle after two years of trying to make it work. For me, the Coda is too narrow (about 135mm, the old saddle is 160mm wide), and I found the padding not firm enough. When sitting to the back of the saddle, it tended to deform downwards and become much more convex than I like. Moving around on the saddle did little to redistribute pressure points or improve comfort. Generally, the coda saddle looks cool and it's more comfy than the racing style saddles which typically ship with touring or commute bikes nowadays. It's fine for short rides and works well on fast smooth descents, where I want to tuck and keep my weight back. Fair for commuting, riding in heavy traffic, rough roads or single-track riding.

Many different saddles

[Jun 01, 2003]
    hawkman

OVERALL
    Strength:

Average on the comfort factor. Looks OK.

Lousy job on the stitching front. Will rip through your expensive nix.

Reasonably comfortable on short distance. Anything over 60kms and the 'sit bones' get very numb. Mind you, I have a skinny butt. The main problem with the seat is the stitching. It's rough and has ripped up my expensive Castelli bike nix after a couple of rides - not happy!

[Feb 19, 2002]
    whiskycobra

OVERALL
    Strength:

Ok comfort, Fairly light

eats your shorts...and shorts are costly

Fairly Comfortable, but the bottom edges are rough which skuffs your cycling shorts making them wear out faster...it came with my bike