Fizik Arione CX Carbon Saddles

• Lighter, with a new racing profile. Wing flex / Twin Flex carbon-kevlar shell. Lightweight and comfortable. Ergonomic dip platform.
  • Carbon braided rail: stronger & lighter
  • Thigh Glides White microtex
  • Rail Carbon Braided
  • Weight 149 gr

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 11, 2012]
    verybikeytucson

OVERALL
    Strength:

weight, comfort

expensive if paying retail

rode the regular arione for a couple years and would get numbness in my groin within about 30-60 minutes . i am much more comfortable with the flatter profile of the cx carbon (carbon rails and shell) and numbness is gone. wish I had switched sooner plus I got a great deal on eBay.

arione

[Dec 07, 2010]
    michaeld-c

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfort, looks, light weight, price for what you get.

For me personally, there are none.

Have been playing around with quite a few saddles over the last year but keep coming back to this one.

The standard Arione is too soft for me and perhaps a bit too rounded in it's profile. Although comfortable, I would get hotspots about 20 mins into the ride.

This being a bit flatter and lighter in the padding department does the job nicely.

[Sep 18, 2010]
    bikerdoug

OVERALL
    Strength:

Able to get over 15,000 miles on the first one and only got a new one because of some wear at the tip.

None really. but a little tricky to install on my Cervelo ... my shop has no problem doing it though!

Just purchased my second Fizik Arione CX with carbon braided rails ... excellent product. Comfortable and long lasting

[Dec 23, 2009]
    jtgraphics

OVERALL
    Strength:

Good fit for me comfortable from first ride softer ride, and weight saving also.

None so far

I was using an original Fizik Arione saddle on my old road bike and bought the new Fizik Arione CX Carbon Braided Rails for my new build. For me it was a better fit than the old Fizik Arione from the start. Seems softer than my old I was using an original Fizik Arione saddle on my old road bike and bought the new Fizik Arione CX Carbon Braided Rails for my new build. For me it was a better fit than the old Fizik Arione saddle with Ti rails.

Fizik Arione Ti rails.

[Sep 17, 2009]
    KXD

OVERALL
    Strength:

looks

weight saving = numb ass

Have to agree with other reviewer. I too had th e standard arione and thought I'd upgrade to the new CX. Not because I am a weight weenie but I figured if they have released a new model after the old one it had to be good. I was disappointed but my loss is someone else gain as I have swapped for the "old school" arione and will be comfy again.

arione (titanium)

[Jul 30, 2009]
    bikerdoug

OVERALL
    Strength:

Comfortable and light weight

Difficult to install on my Cervelo seat post. Nose has begun to wear (but after 12,000 miles can't be too harsh about it)

I've had this saddle for about 18 months and have been very satisfied with it for the almost 12,000 miles I've put on it. Very comfortable.

[Jun 07, 2009]
    dwilson84

OVERALL
    Strength:

Looks cool on my new bike.

The saddle

I just purchased a new road bike and this saddle came on it stock. If their was one thing I had to choose about my new bike that I do not like it would be this saddle. Sure Fizik has some lightweight saddles and rumer has it that they are meant to be pretty comfy, but this is not one of them. I rode 70.4 miles on it today and have never been so sore in my life. It is possible that the saddle needs to break in a little for the comfort to break in but my initial impression is that sitting on a brick would've hurt less.

Selle San Marco Ponza Power

[Mar 08, 2009]
    msantos

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light weight; carbon braided rails and fast looking.

Uncomfortable after 50 miles or 2 hours on the saddle.

I was initially exicited with the weight reduction and carbon braided rails over my older standard arione with titanium rails. I've had the chance to put in over 100 miles the weekend to have my rear end screaming in pain on both rides after 50 miles. I would assume the reduction in padding hurt the overall comfort compared to the standard. If you are doing a short ride or race then I would recommend the saddle. If you're planning a century then look elsewhere or go with the regular Arione.

Standard Titanium Arione; Selle Italia Flite; Fizik Aliante