Fizik Arione K1 Saddles

The Fizik Arione K:1 is made of strong carbon fibres and soft Technogel. Mobius is a circular rail, securely attached to the perimeter of the shell, to increase the suspended seating surface area. Made of braided carbon, it has 50% higher max. Load capaci

[Apr 24, 2011]
xrayjay

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, looks great, weight

Price, ok, not as bad as some, but they don't give them away.

I had put about 500 miles on my new Roubaix but was having difficulty with rides over 35 miles because I could never get comfortable because of the torture device Specialized psses off as a saddle. I had Fizik on my mountain bike, which I really liked so I tried this one. It took about 100 ft from the drive way to figure out this saddle is awesome. The saddle is flat and long and you can actually change your fore and aft positions and still feel great.

Fizik Gobi (mountain), SPecialized ASSGouger

[Jul 31, 2009]
highway hamburger

OVERALL
Strength:

Light weight, surprisingly comfortable, long (good for sitting back while climbing or getting "on the nose" while sprinting.

None that I have found yet.

A friend that is far more fit than me (amateur road racer) offered up his back up K1 after I cracked my saddle (Specialized Toupe 143). Given the very minimalist look to the saddle, I assumed that it would be very firm and uncomfortable. After ~400 miles on it on a variety of road surfaces, I have to say that I am astonished at how comfortable it is. Yes, it is firm, but it is not punishing. If you are looking for a saddle that is soft, look elsewhere.

I am 6'5" and ~215 lbs. I consistently ride ~4,000 miles a year. I don't race (no desire or time), but I do ride hard, and as often as I can. If you like to cruise down flat bike paths on your way to the coffee house, forget this saddle, unless you are trying to impress other posers with its sleek look. If you want performance, light weight and a firm, but non-punishing saddle, then this is for you.

Specialized Toupe 143m
Selle Italia (can't remember model, too long ago)
Selle San Marco (can't remember model, too long ago)

[Sep 13, 2008]
Mohd Faizal Bin Jasni

OVERALL
Strength:

Wow...I would say 9.9 out of 10
for the strength

Nil

The K1 is a worth buying saddle.
Although it cost me SGP $650, I found it's more comfortable than my previous Selle Italia SLR..Carbon railings are as strong which can really support me (75kg)..
Would strongly recommeded....

Selle Italia Carbonio Flite
Selle Italia SLR
Selle San Marco Aspide Carbon

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.