Fizik Pave Saddle Saddles

[Aug 31, 2011]
davidmcw3

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, stylish, comfortable [for me], and not too expensive.

None that I am aware of.

I have only ridden this saddle for a short period of time but just rode it 85 miles last Saturday. It fits my anatomy. It is a great value. There are shops which will take an impression of your butt which then determines the proper measurements for a saddle for your individual anatomy. This saddle just fits me well. I rode the Arione until it fell apart after about 4 years of about 4000 miles a year riding. It worked well for me but the best price I could find for it was $135 which I thought was too much. The San Marco ASPide doesn't fit me well at all and was very painful one year on RAGBRAI.

Fizik Arione works well for me but is too expensive. The San Marco ASPide doesn't work for me at all.

[Oct 04, 2008]
Kram

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks, fit (for me)

It broke. It shouldn't have.

I boiught this saddle off e-bay. I didn't want to spend a lot for a cross saddle. I had heard good things about Fizik saddles and this one looked close to the shape of my beloved Selle Italia Mythos that I have on my road bike, and getting it for what I did made me happy. It fit me quite well once I dialed it in (I had to tilt the nose up just a bit so i could stay back on it.) However, today's events have changed my opinion on it. The freaking thing exploded in my cross race and caused me to DNF. Saddle came off the rails. WTF???

[Aug 03, 2008]
varanasi

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good. Reasonably light.

Horribly uncomfortable.

I have never had problems with a saddle before. Never. I have toured, raced, and commuted for decades without a problem.

This saddle has changed how I think about saddles. I thought they were unimportant. Now I understand why people complain.

I have really worked to like this saddle because I figured I just needed to get accustomed to it. I was wrong.

I have well over a thousand miles on the saddle, and my sit bones are killing me. Killing me. As in, I look for cushions on chairs before I sit down, and I can barely sit in a car. I stand up on rides just to relieve my butt bones.

I should say, that initially this saddle was on my commuter, and for 20 or so miles it felt fine. Based on my commuter experience, I bought a duplicate for my racing bike and started using it for over 30 mile rides. That's when the problem started. I couldn't really believe that it was the saddle. I changed my workout routine. I changed my position repeatedly. Nothing helped. And, we are talking serious butt pain.

Brooks Pro; A Vetta, San Marco or two.

[Jun 27, 2008]
Fatboy Roadie

OVERALL
Strength:

appearance, Y shape and mesh cover.

Comfort. For a saddle, there is no other measure than comfort.

ASS HATCHET. Rode the saddle for about 3000 miles and took it off after severe numbness (is that an oxymoron?) after riding it in a century. At best it was marginally comfortable and numerous adjustments didn't seem to help much. I moved it to my MTB but it will be retired for a Brooks saddle as it's unsuitable for even sub 25 mile rides on a MTB.

Brooks B-17, Other Fizik saddles, Forte SLX

[Nov 08, 2005]
asterisk

OVERALL
Strength:

Light (enough for me) Looks (simple, understated)

Wear guards shouldn't be gloss, just shows the sratches but this is minor. I'm not sure about the long term durability of the foam.

I came from using exclusively Brooks saddles for a few years after getting discouraged with the normal Selle Italia offerings. I needed a light weight saddle for my track bike and this seemed to fit the bill. It seemed too narrow as I was used to a 15cm wide saddle but after time I didn't notice it at all. I've only ridden 60 mile rides so I'm not sure on long term comfort but for the first few hours this saddle feels great. The looks are nice and understated with no stitching/mold lines to chafe or get in the way.

Various Selle Itali stuff, Brooks.

[Aug 07, 2005]
TheCapMan

OVERALL
Strength:

Initially it felt narrow but I eventually felt comfortable after 10 miles. I Had an easier time climbing since I was able to slide to the back of the saddele without my ninner thighs being chafed. The saddle contact point firmly rested with my ischial tuberosities (sit bones) very well.

The leather became slippery after = 1000 miles.I felt myself sliding forward even with the saddle tilted slightly upward.

May not work well with everybody

CODA Oktavia Gel

[Jul 25, 2005]

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid good looking saddle that a strong rider can sit on with confidence

The leather wears out quickly

I purchased this saddle to replace the stock seat on my new road bike. This was my second Pave saddle. The first was a solid, comfortable saddle that many miles. This saddle, though just as comfortable, did not last a year when the leather wore out and tore.

Flite Aspide Concord

[Dec 22, 2003]
Chris Kho

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looks, well built. Good quality leather.

i felt that it was way too firm for me. the saddle rails did not flex enough, unlike my other bike which has an SLR (selle italia) saddle on it. it is not as light as the SLR and its not as comfortable. i dont see why anyone should go for this when one can get a perfectly light and comfortable saddle like the SLR.

i bought this saddle because of the recommendations of a few friends who felt that it was good and comfortable and also because it had good looks due to the "Y" saddle shape. even for someone like me, who has a very light frame (138 pounds), i didnt find the saddle as comfortable as it looks. i dont reccomend this to anyone unless he/she is lighter than me or has a high tolerance to discomfort.

Selle Italia SLR

[Dec 10, 2003]
perristrom

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, comfortable, good support, stiff, looks pro

Leather is peeling back from the sides near the front of the saddle, its starting to wreck my shorts the saddle is basically done for, but 2 years of tons of riding and racing and 2 hard road crashes later it doesn't owe me anything. A little disappointing but I'll live with it.

Bought this saddle for Cannondale R1000 si as an imediate upgrade from Coda saddle. Very happy with comfort on long rides and weight etc. Good value with solid construction, ti rails, leather and the cool replaceable side bumpers in different colours.

Classic Flite, Gel Flite, Fizik Poggio, Avocet, Fizik Nisene

[Oct 01, 2003]

OVERALL
Strength:

No genital numbness, no thigh chaffing, no pernial problems. No irritating embroidery on the saddle.

I went numb for two weeks before I went to a Urologist after a bad day on a bianchi, then dumped $300 into three different saddles. I tried this one because it had a 14 day money back if I didn't love it. I had more than your average problems, and for the money this was great. I rode about 10000 miles last year on this thing and I didn't have any problems other than the problems you're bound to have if you spend that kind of time on your tail. No leg chaffing, not genital numbness. I'm on my second pave, I ordered a custom from the fizik website to match my new bike.

Selle San Marco Era, Selle Italia Fluid, Selle Italia Flite, Specialized Body geometry, some crappy stock bianchi saddle