Fizik Plateau Saddles

• Carbon reinforcement provides strength and protect the shell from long-term sag
  • Flatter rear platform and rounded nose profile for increased comfort
  • Slight curved dip toward rear platform offers natural and firm anatomical sitting position
  • Smooth downward turned and flatter side ease thigh movement while pedalling
  • New wave thigh glide design for better slide on and off the saddle

[Mar 07, 2010]

OVERALL
Strength:

- Works well with my bottom
- Light
- Hard plastic bumpers for leaning against abrasive surfaces

- Looks--not quite as sexy as slimmer saddles

The Plateau gets along well with my particular bottom geometry. The saddle is a wee bit softer than I'm used to riding comfortably, but it distributes the weight so it's firmly on my sit bones, and easy on the sensitive areas. I found some real problems with the cutout on the Specialized saddle that was riding which irritated the places on the edge of the cutout. It's reasonably light.

After 2 weeks, including a 2.5 hour ride, I'm happy enough to buy a second one for my other road bike.

San Marco Concor Light
Specialized Avatar

[Mar 26, 2007]
Bob Benedum

OVERALL
Strength:

Right shape,with just enough cushion..not too heavy..durable..

Could be a bit lighter?

I was looking for a good comfy TANDEM saddle....anyone who rides a tandem knows you spend ALOT of time seated,and a comfy saddle is essential...This one works,period..I have no padding of my own,at 135lbs,5'8",...this Fizik is just right.Not too heavy either..

Selle BAssano,Flites,SDG,Bontrager