Fizik Vitesse Saddles

Best Price At

The Vitesse has 74 mm titanium high frame for extended range of adjustment and improved flexibility. Multi-thickness padding for improved comfort. Twin Tech: patented gel distributes pressure and reduces the risk of numbness and soreness

[Sep 08, 2007]
narsol

OVERALL
Strength:

comfortable, durable (though I cant say that for sure yet since it's only been a month)

a bit too wide

very good quality seat. The shape, however, does not quite suit me (though this is personal preference, nothing to do with the product quality). It's a bit too wide, and flares a bit too soon; it just slightly starts to dig into my thighs late into a ride. But I've been meaning to lower my bars, so once I do that maybe the more forward position would stop that from happening.

[Sep 01, 2007]
Pat

OVERALL
Strength:

lightweight

no give in the seat

After 900 miles of riding, I cannot take this seat any longer. I have tried to give the seat time to break in, but all it was doing was breaking my 'soft tissue' areas. I had numbness and/or pain on every ride.

[Sep 01, 2006]
tarwheel2

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable fit, width, light weight.

Cover material can scuff or tear easily.

I tried a Vitesse after riding a Fizik Aliante for a year and a Brooks B17 before that. The Aliante was very comfortable but a little too narrow for me. The Vitesse fits me perfect, plus it's less than half the price of the Aliante (and only about 20 g heavier). As with any Fizik saddle, be careful about laying your bike down or leaning it against a brick wall as the synthetic cover material can scuff or tear easily. I highly recommend this saddle for anyone who has found that the typical racing saddles are too narrow for them. It fits me as well as the Brooks B17 but weight less than half as much.

Fizik Aliante, numerous Selle Italia models, Brooks B17.

[Aug 17, 2005]
ari

OVERALL
Strength:

Wide without being heavy or bulky. Smooth cover without seams or embroidery (I'm looking at you, Selle Italia and San Marco!). Just enough padding -- firm, not squishy. Seems to be well constructed. Cheap. COMFORTABLE.

Like other Fizik saddles, the thin leather scuffs easily if you, say, lean it against a wall.

I've been riding for a little over a year, and riding a road bike for a bit over 6 months. After trying several saddles (including Flites and the pricey Arione), this is the only one that I can ride with virtually no discomfort. Don't be fooled by the fact that it's marketed to women; at 6'1" 175, with wide sit bones, and still developing my leg strength, there's no way I should be on the same narrow saddle as a pocket-sized racer like Simoni. (I may switch to the similarly shaped, but slightly narrower, Aliante, once my legs get accustomed to bearing more of my weight.)

Selle Italia XO, Flite and Max Flite (both with and without cutouts), Fizik Arione.

[Dec 31, 2004]
jksu

OVERALL
Strength:

good fit, quality fizik construction, lightweight, not as expensive as aliante

i've used selle flites for a long time on my mtn bikes... and the past 6 mos got into road riding and use the flites again. maybe it was not being used to being the saddle for long periods but i had butt pain and numbness.... so i thought maybe i'd try another saddle. my butt's bigger than those racer guys, i'm 6', 170-180lb depending on what kind of shape i'm in... in any case i saw the vitesse with it's wider rear but similar lines as the higher end fizik aliante, so i thought i'd give it a try. loved it. nice extra cushion felt great on the sit bones, but still decent weight, even with the less expensive cromoly model i got.

selle flite, brook b17, wtb

[Dec 12, 2004]
teadrinker

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks sleek and apparently confers membership to the fi'zik cult. Okay for rides of less than 40 miles.

uncomfortable on longer rides. leather scuffs really easily. (my terry only scuffed when i fell--this saddle scuffed when I leaned it against a wall).

Was recommended by the bike guy where I spec'd my new ride. Mistake. I was using a Terry ti Liberator for over 6000 miles without complaint.

Terry Liberator