Koobi AU Enduro Saddles

The Endurance saddle. Beautifully styled but built to last. Leather and Kevlar with 20% more padding than the Xenon. Manganese rails. Only 268 grams.

[Feb 07, 2016]
dan

OVERALL
Strength:

split nose, groove along the length, relatively light weight

sides - allegedly kevlar, do not last, flimsy stitching

I bought this saddle recently, following a lengthy research and various recommendations of people i considered experts in their field including fellow cyclists and triathletes.
to my great surprise and dismay what arrived was far from the superior light-weight split nose saddle i was convinced i had bought.
perhaps the most obvious are the bizarre sides near the sit bones area made of black textile - allegedly kevlar?tha is hard to believe as they are not durable as expected !? (the black part on the side - the photo on the internet does not provide a detail - for a good reason i guess) most ridiculous - why would I want the sides of my saddle made of significantly less durable material than the rest. to save a couple of grams? i can only hope now that i will remember not to lean my bike against a wall or anything ever again to avoid damage of these fragile ‘patches’. Having examined this thoroughly i can see clearly now how the stitches are unevenly tightened as if someone was trying to stitch it on the hard support part. i can definitely feel the seams border lines after about twenty minutes. takes some getting used to and thus I do not consider it a sleek design at all.
I am not expecting this saddle to last more than one season. the stitching is already showing a sign of strain and wear.
I have stuff shipped from the US to the UK regularly and it seems a very common practice of the senders/internet sellers to declare much lower value of the items shipped on the label/declaration sticker than is the actual price of the items - it often prevents customs from snooping around and damaging parcels which are then inadequatly re-taped, it saves customers a lot on import duty and tax, which is ok with most of us.
i am not quite sure what koobi was thinking declaring higher price of the saddle on the label then what i actually paid as this resulted in Customs demanding a hefty import duty, without even opening the package as the label was so carefully filled in!!

[Mar 29, 2010]
luckycharlie

OVERALL
Strength:

Seat feels good at the start and end of the week.

Kevlar sides eat into the truck bed liner when I drive the bike to commute starting point. Could be fixed by adding a bike rack, but adds to prep time for the daily commute. Otherwise nice seat.

Have ridden this seat for 2 weeks on my commuter mountain bike. It took about 2 days or 20 miles for me to adjust to this seat. After the initial break in, the seat feels good. I am contemplating getting a second seat for my Road bike. At this point keeping the 2 different seats is working good. After a long weekend ride, no pain on the Monday - Friday commute.

I have tried several saddles over the years, my previous favorite was the Performance band Century model. I still use this saddle on my Road bike.

[Feb 12, 2010]
hamsong

OVERALL
Strength:

All-day comfort
Quality
Attractive
Real leather cover with kevlar edges

Can't try in store (but great return policy)

Koobi was recommended to me by a friend who was an amateur bike racer. I needed a seat that would be both comfortable AND wouldn't cause the numbness and prostate injury my stock WTB Rocket seat caused. Koobi AU Enduro to the rescue! The best seat I have EVER used, and I tried 6 others before I remembered to check Koobi's website. I was ready for an adjustment period as the seat is firmer and narrower than it appears to be in the photos, and since more weight is on your sit bones, a "break-in" period is usually need. VERY happy to report that the saddle was comfortable IMMEDIATELY and just gets better. I ride about 10-15 miles a day and you quickly figure out that everyone's saddle needs are different. This seat is *perfect* for me. I just bought another for my other bike! I am sold on the comfort and the quality (still handmade in Italy rather than China like everything else), and their customer service is first rate. Give them a shot! The saddle is a beautiful black and gray leather. Their website could use an update, so rest assured that it's infinitely more attractive in real life than it is in the photos. A beautiful saddle. Comfortable, well made, lightweight, reasonably priced and pain-free. Everything I was looking for.

Planet Bike
WTB

[Jul 03, 2009]
58skylane

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, Comfort, Comfort, fairly light, no numbness so far. The price seems reasonable too.

Can't really think of any. The Au Enduro doesn't look that great (to me at least), but hey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I purchased an AU Enduro brand new in May 2006 to replace a Fizik that just wasn't working for me and have never looked back. However, during this last Spring, I tried a really cool looking Selle San Marco that is ALOT lighter then the AU Enduro, except, it was like riding on a 1X4 piece of wood. I tried to make it work, yet, after somewhere between 100 & 150 miles of pain, I went back to the Koobi. Bottom line, I love the Au Enduro and just ordered a new one from Phil @ Koobi cause I'm going to put the original one on my MTN Bike.

Bontrager Race Lux (SP?), not too bad, heavy as a brick and super plush
Fizik Arione (SP?) - didn't work for me (numb time)
Selle San Marco - looked awesome, no numbness but hard as a ROCK

[Mar 06, 2009]
Josh Godsey

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfort, looks, and well made. Stitching has not come loose at all. I think that has been fixed on these now.

NONE

I had an Allez Elite with the Alias saddle on it with "rave" reviews and it killed my butt and prostate and I've only been riding for about 2yrs. I had to find something that would be comfortable to ride on and this Koobi did the trick. I recently bought a Tarmac Expert and this Koobi went on it too! I wouldn't sit on anything else. Don't even spend the money on a Performance Bike saddle, they flex way too much and won't work, just get the Koobi.

Specialized Alias, Performance Bike Forte

[May 09, 2008]
Kirk

OVERALL
Strength:

Butt-healing Comfort. Fine craftsmanship. Great sitting platform.

No ability to test it out. Recommend trying to gauge the width of your sitbones prior to purchase.

Ordered this saddle after I got tired of my stock Felt saddle separating my ischial tuberosities (sit bones). Liked the reviews and decided to give this a try. I received it 2 days after my order, talk about fast service! Used it yesterday and immediately felt the soreness begin to decrease. Today, I have no soreness at all. While the saddle is firm, it is not hard and has plenty of cushioning. It also has an excellent platform to sit on. I measured the width of my sit bones as best as I could to try and determine whether this seat would work for me and that seems to have been correct. I highly recommend this saddle.

Stock Felt saddle. WTB mtn bike saddles.

[May 07, 2008]
Mark Sondag

OVERALL
Strength:

seems well made

Just too darn hard. No flex at all. Channel could be wider and deeper also.

Well I bought this saddle based on the reviews I read here and I gotta say, I hate it. I've put 200 miles on it, tried various positions and have to say it is very uncomfortable. I'll be sending it back to get at least 60 percent of what I paid for it back.

[Oct 03, 2007]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

-Product is 100% as advertised. Saddle is choice is personal, but this is perfect for anyone whose main problem is too much pelvic pressure while sitting on the bike.

-Sleek-looking and light-weight.

-None so far. The rails are designed so that the saddle slopes very slightly downward, so it makes it more difficult to ride with no hands (and not slip down), assuming you like to ride with no hands.
-The paint on the rails is starting to chip a little from friction (which doesn't matter to me).

This absolutely saved me from a past year of saddle torture. I had a Bontrager Race Lux saddle before this one that came with my bike. It had way too much pelvic pressure in the groin area. (It actually sloped slightly UP at the tip, for some unspeakable reason, and it felt like someone kicked me you-know-where whenever I rode over a big bump.) I have a lot of flesh covering my sit bones, so I prefer to have more of my weight shifted there rather than in front, and this saddle is actually designed to do that. I now enjoy riding my bike roughly twice as much. I'll be using this saddle as long as I'm riding.

Bontrager Race Lux on my road bike and so-called "comfort" saddles on other bikes.

[Aug 06, 2007]
jpark31

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable
Looks great

I have recently returned to riding after a ten year absense. Prior to this I raced in both the US and Europe. My favorite saddles at that time were the Selle Italia Turbomatic and San Marco Regal.

When I first started riding again, I was unable to ride my Turbomatic and it almost made me want to quit riding because of the pain.

I spoke with the guys at Koobi and they recommended the AU Enduro.

This saddle is AWESOME!!! It fits my body perfectly and I don't even feel the saddle.

I really appreciate the time they spent talking to me to figure out the saddle to my needs!

Turbomatic, Regal, Rolls, Concor, Turbo, Flite

[Jul 31, 2007]
hougie

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable and forgiving where it counts fits my anatomy perfectly. No numbness or tingling whatsoever at any distance.

Not as sexy looking as your selle brands but hey it works.

I have the Koobi AU Enduro with the mag rails for both my Trek Madone and my Trek 7.5 fx hybrid and I am happy to say that I have yet to find a better one and Ive ridden alot of saddles to get to this point.

Selle Italia Flite