Koobi PRS - Enduro Saddles

• Medium padding

[Apr 11, 2020]
jeffbozo

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good, rides great, has two extra sets of elastomizers, you can change if your weight changes, and the personal service of Koobi (Phil) makes this new addition to the Koobi line my choice.

Purchased:
Used
[Nov 23, 2009]

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent construction
Slightly softer padding, without being spongy
Good width for sit bones
Full length central groove
PRS elastomer system reduced vibration and bumps
Koobi offer money back if not happy

Only available from web site
Only available in one colour
Heavier than some other saddle (but who cares when the pain is gone)

I have been riding a road bike for a bit over a year, after about 5 years of commuting on a mountain bike. I have struggled with perineal pain for most of the last year, despite trying several saddles all claiming to offer relief in this area. The Koobi prs Enduro is the first saddle I have tried offering pain free riding. This saddle does need to be slightly nose down, as suggested by the manufacturer, and it makes a difference in my experience.

I think a few details are important in saddle reviews and everyone reviewing saddles should include these details to allow sensible comparison:

Height: 176cm
weight: 75kg
Sit bone width: 9.5cm point to point, 12.5cm outer edges
Distances ridden: daily commute 20km each way, mostly flat, occasional weekend ride 60-100km.
Shorts: Bib, DHB Finchdean are my current favorites. I think shorts and saddle choice are really integrated as they both contribute to the sit-bone interface. If you are having problems you need to consider both the saddle (including position etc) and the shorts.

Selle Italia flite gel flow
Terry fly
Specialized gel toupe
Selle SMP glider
Velo race (standard saddle on new bike)

[Jun 10, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable for tens and tens of miles.

None yet.

After 20 or 30 miles, I used to have to stop every 15 because I was saddle sore. Not anymore! I did have to change out the elastomer inserts, though.

Stock Trek Saddle
Terry fly

[Sep 26, 2007]
John P

OVERALL
Strength:

Comfortable: you forget you're sitting on it. Can be customized for different size riders with the rubberized elastomers.

Took a lot of research to find: no advertising or marketing. You need to search it out. Expensive? You get what you pay for!

Saddle? What saddle? That's the best review of any saddle: you forget about it because nothing hurts. Since acquiring the PRS Enduro, I've had no discomfort on rides from 1-65 miles on pavement smooth and rough. The best design I've tried (garage full of old saddles!) on both the Bianchi Virata and Trek Pilot 2.1 (2006 model). Allows you to focus on the important aspects of your ride, not the burning in your crotch!

Selle Italia, Bontrager, Avenir, Terry & various OEM's

[Aug 13, 2007]
phalo

OVERALL
Strength:

It's comfortable. Using the prs enduro I get no soreness from my saddle at all. Only muscle soreness. I could ride for three hours on my dropouts and my butt would be comfortable the whole time. This is a well built saddle, durable.

I have mixed feelings about the prs elastomers. I ride an aluminum/carbon frame and have never felt that vibration was a problem. I bought this saddle based its exceptional reviews here with the hope that it would be comfortable. Which it is. I know that the elastomers do a lot to dampen vibration however, when I'm spinning out the miles especially on my dropouts at a cadence of 90-100 the saddle moves like it's not tightened down on the post. The first time it did this it feaked me out because it felt really lose but I wasn't about to concede the groove that I was in. When I got home I was surprised to find that the saddle was firmly in place on the post. It's a weird feeling which really makes my bike feel not stiff at all. I like riding stiff bikes hard and fast, but all and all the prs enduro has made 3-5 hour rides not only possible but pleasant bottom line. If I really concentrate on form I can minimize the side to side and up and down movements of the saddle. I would prefer a saddle with the prs enduro's comfort but the stiffness of a simple saddle without the elastomers.

Before I bought this saddle I used to get sore. I had to make sure to frequently stand up and was limited by not being able to tolerate the soreness. Since using the prs enduro the only limiting factor on my rides has been my attention span and ammount of gel/sports drink/bars/water carried with me. This seat has allowed me to truly enjoy my bike.

stock piece of junk seat that came with my bike.

[Jul 21, 2007]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Split front design. Overall shape. Suspension Elastomers. Workmanship is typical Italian,[very good].

None so far.

The first thing I replace on a new bike is the saddle. Believe me, I've tried 'em all. When I first saw Koobi designs, I thought, well I haven't tried that yet! So, I ordered one.

This is a very good saddle design. Really different from all the other brands. Once I tried the Koobi, all my other saddles showed their design flaws. I liked it so much I bought one for my mountain bike. The replaceable elastomer suspension really takes the sting out of small bumps.

Over the years I have tried everything out there to smooth out the ride on my bikes, especially my road bikes. I've ridden different frame materials, from aluminum, [Augh!], steel, and titainium to my current favorite, carbon fiber. I've tried seatposts made of titainium and carbon fiber. I have used almost every racing saddle out there that promised some shock resistence. Nothing has ever worked as well as the Koobi for 'taking the edge off'. The fact that my crotch can relax up front due to the split design of these saddles is just icing on the cake. This is where the cutout needs to be, not in the rear or the middle! This is an exceptional design and I'm glad someone finally figured it out.

Cinelli, Selle San Marco, Terry, Pearl Izumi, Bontrager, Specialized, Fizik. Yes, you probably never heard of a couple of these brands making saddles but they did, and yes, I am old!

[Jul 11, 2007]
guaps

OVERALL
Strength:

Great quality saddle.

Personally, I still go numb, even on short rides

First of all, the problems I've had with this seat are due the unique anatomy that each person has. The quality and design of the saddle are outstanding.

I've had a lot of problems with numbness and severe taint pain. This seat eliminated the taint pain, but not the numbness. Again, I believe that's due to the fact that each person is different. Two other guys I ride with have this seat and love it.

The quality and build of the seat is great. No wear issues after about 500 miles. Also, the suspension balls seem to work well too. It definitely takes the buzz out of the road. Personally, I'm not sure they're worth the extra weight though.

Bontrager, selle italia

[Jan 27, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Love the feel of the saddle over all. I like the fact that the nose is more narrow then other saddles I have ridden.

None so far

I have the women's version of this saddle and so far it's breaking in nicely. Had to tip the nose of the saddle down more then I did my other saddle, but overall it's a lot more comfortable with each ride. I only have 140 miles on the saddle so far but I see myself putting in longer rides then usual on this saddle. This saddle definitely takes some of the road shock out, which really helps. I can only see this saddle getting better with each ride. It's worth the money, they even gave me a $10.00 credit because there was a cosmetic flaw--which I never even saw, my husband finally found it.

Terry Butterfly

[Oct 04, 2006]
Val Ilchenko

OVERALL
Strength:

Super comfortable, absorbs some road shock, no numbness!!

None thus far.

Fantastic seat! Nothing else felt comfortable that i tried, this is the only seat that i used where i dont feel numbness or discomfort after a 20-30+ mile ride.

Fizik Arione, Fizik Pave, Tri-Stryke, Bontrager Race, Bontrager Race Lux, etc.

[Jan 16, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

COMFORT--it simply works as it says while not being badly heavy

Seams could be better placed, but that is a nit at best

I bought this to replace an older Avocet hoping to gain comfort on my road bike. breaking in the seat (or me) took a couple rides, but the difference in comfort was immediate and positive. Over time, it has only gotten better. My butt used to scream at me past a certain point, and that is mostly gone now. The suspension works, especially when the rest of the bike is jumping around over seals or cracks. Highly recommended for those looking for a comfortable road seat without resorting to suspension or boofy seats

Avocet