Koobi SI Saddles

Koobi continues to offer the SI. With soft glove leather, and cushy padding, it is plush. One of the most comfortable saddles on the market today. 350 grams.

[Jan 30, 2009]
Vitix2

OVERALL
Strength:

Great design.

Much to firm for me. The stitching did not help either.

I bought the Kobi Classic with hope of finding saddle nirvana. I so wanted to like this seat. yet, it now sits in a bin of several that I've accumalated over the years that simply did not work. When I first saw one it looked like the design made sense, and that was confirmed once I mounted it and began riding. The saddle design ensures that your sitbones bear the primary burden and your soft stuff is taken out of the equation...Just what I was looking for. However, 30 minutes into the ride and that puppy started to feel like I was sitting on a 2x4. I tried it for about another 100 miles of riding, and had to accept that it was not the saddle for me.

Put simply, it is way to stiff for me. However, I think the design is spot on. In my mind, I've concluded that the plastic base should have more flex.

All of this said, this saddle may work well for others. I like wider saddles as I'm a larger rider, and I tend to like firmness in a saddle rather than a bunch of gel, but this thing was over the top for me.

Might be great for some, but I take pain in the Arse as a sign that something is not right, and I'm not one to try and tough out bike equipment at the expense of my body.

Far too many to recall all of them. My favorites have been the selle San Marco Regal, the Terry Liberator, and Selle An-Atomica Titanico.

[Sep 05, 2003]
smokey422

OVERALL
Strength:

quality of leather and stitching, durability (i've used it on my mountain bike and it has survived several hard crashes, one in a rocky creek crossing. the rider did not fare as well as the saddle!). overall, pretty comfortable for a saddle of this size with one caveat (see weaknesses). rails have markings, which is really handy if you use it on more than one bike. price is very reasonable, considering the quality of the product.

stitched seam on top of the split in front of the saddle can become an annoyance after a couple of hours in the saddle. proper tilt helps minimize this, set the nose down a little more if you are having this problem. mine is a bit below level in front (nose down).

this is a very comfortable saddle. it would be even better if they could eliminate the stitching on top of the front split. maybe not quite as good as a brooks, but quite a bit lighter. tilt and f/r positioning are important for a comfortable riding position. i think these adjustments are just as important as the correct height. quality of stitching and leather is very good and the price is reasonable. take those ridges off the top and koobi will get a perfect score.

stock selle san marco, selle italia tri-gel, brooks champion flyer.

[Jul 10, 2003]
MrDan

OVERALL
Strength:

Well made, like the comfort groove alot, reasonably priced. Great leather and stitching.

Just a bit too harsh, (thinly padded) so my sit bones bottom out.

I'm 41, 153lbs. I found this saddle pretty good, but can get harsh after a 2+ hours in the saddle. Well made, great leather - well stitched. This saddle is nearly identical to the Koobi SI classic which I just put on the bike. The difference is that the padding is thicker and hence my sit bones don't bottom out on the under-frame of the saddle. This is a very good saddle, but just not quite right for me.

Koobi SI Clasic - much better I think, but saddles are so personal.

[Feb 26, 2003]
RAFAEL Michel

OVERALL
Strength:

Good looking and premium quality leather.

None- perfect match for me

Excellent seat for the a good price. This seat I compared to the WTB Laser and other high end seats, and I was amazed with the good look and quality with such an affordable price. I've done 5 to 6 hour rides, and there's nothing to complain about on the bottom. Koobi SI is the way to go if your a serious MTB biker and not going over board on an over rated and over priced product because of a belief that it is better for your ride.