Neuvation Cycling S1 Saddles

Natural leather top for durability and breathing. Kevlar back helps prevent tears. Carbon-nylon base for durability and flexibility. Gel padding for comfort and cut out for your plumbing. Titanium alloy rails to reduce weight. 9 ounces 255 grams.

[May 06, 2009]
gracer

OVERALL
Strength:

Decent construction, soft leather fabric. No sagging after 1 yr, even with my 220 lb frame. Very good value and in good shape.

With my bulk, I have to tweak the saddle to get it 'just right' in order to feel comfortable on it.

Noting what other reviews have said, this saddle took some getting used to. But when I found the right position, its simply great.

[Dec 29, 2008]
DrSmile

OVERALL
Strength:

Fairly comfortable, nice cutout, looks nice when new

Poor wear, I would guess it's the wrong type (too soft) of leather.

I bought this saddle shortly after they were introduced on the Neuvation site. I love Neuvation wheels (have 4 sets) and I figured this would be something worth trying. I have no issues with fit, if you like Selle Italia Flite/SLR/K/C saddles you'll like this one as it's very similar to those. I rode a few century rides with the saddle without issues. However, after only 2500 miles on the saddle the leather is extremely worn on the sides and front, and the saddle creaks against the rails which isn't fixable. I have since built other bikes with the Selle Italia SLC saddle which has a carbon front which prevents wear of the leather. A much better wearing saddle with a similar shape is the Selle San Marco Aspide which I have on another bike.

Numerous Selle Italia and San Marco saddles. If you like Fizik saddles don't buy this one.

[Sep 02, 2008]
cyclist4life

OVERALL
Strength:

Price. Return policy. No questions asked. John Nugent's service is excellent.

Hard skinny nose. I was hopeful that this would work out as I think it is ridiculous to pay $130 for a saddle. Maybe this is a lesson about how you get what you pay for.

I purchased this saddle about a month ago and it is killing me. It's nothing like I expected after reading the reviews. There is very little padding to this saddle. The nose is very narrow and hard. I too am having problems in the groin area. I don't get numb as a previoius reviewer described but I do get rubbed raw in the groin area. Especially short fast rides like the Tuesday lunch ride or a criterium. If you ride around all day on the hoods or the tops this saddle may work fine for you. I love my Neuvation wheels (R28SL) so I thought I would try out the saddle but sadly I will be returning this baby.

Aspide that came on the Trek

[Jul 25, 2008]

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice looking saddle
Solid construction
Cut-out (didn't help me though)
Price (on sale for $59)
30 day trial with full refund

Narrow seat
Harder than I expected based on other reviews

I purchased this saddle to replace the Specialized Alias that came stock on my Allez Elite 143. The Alias really killed my sit bones because it was too narrow and had little padding. I was looking for something with more padding and comfort, but this saddle was not for me. In fact, the seat is narrower than the Alias 143. The Neuvation S1 caused pain in my sit bones and plumbing, despite having a cut-out, and I felt numbness in my groin and legs after only a few miles. Saddles are personal, and like I said, this one was not for me. Even my short training rides were unbearable. I have replaced this saddle with the Bontrager Inform-R, which I was fitted for at a local bike shop. the Inform is comfortable and has nice padding.

Specialized Alias 143 (stock)
Bontrager Inform-R

[Jul 25, 2008]
Geraffi

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice looking saddle
Solid construction
Cut-out (didn't help me though)
Price (on sale for $59)
30 day trial with full refund

Narrow seat
Harder than I expected based on other reviews

Specialized Alias 143 (stock)
Bontrager Inform-R

[Jun 19, 2008]
batsonjay

OVERALL
Strength:

- Returnable for full refund if you don't like it. (The thing that sold me at order time.)
- High-end design/construction for competitive cost.
- Cutout works as it should to relieve pressure / numbness

None observed

Bought the saddle based on BKW's recommendation of Neuvation's wheels, assuming that the overall business logic behind the company would result in a saddle that was as good as their wheels. Plus, the saddles were on sale, _and_ fully-refundable, which was what was keeping me from buying other saddles.

I love it. I'm coming from a Selle Italia Flite Classic, so maybe my comparison point is poor. But I like the overall size, and I no longer have parts of my body going to sleep that ought not to be going to sleep.... It's geometry keeps me comfortable over a long distance, and it's comfortable. The quality of the stitching, gluing and manufacturing is very good, and the materials are of high quality. Good positioning marks on the rails.

I replaced my Flite with this 3 weeks before a 150 mile ride. I got to worrying I shouldn't make that change so close to the long ride, and switched back. Ugh - mistake! I immediately put the Neuvation back on, rode the 150, and it was a dream.

Selle Italia Gel Flite Classic

[Nov 26, 2006]

OVERALL
Strength:

Padding, comfort, durabiltiy. Also John the owner is a great guy with amazing customer service

great saddle. I love the SLR shape for my road ride and needed something with a bit more padding for cyclocross. the extra padding is nice for off-road riding and also for jumping on the saddle and not having to worry so much. A really well built product that is very durable and comfy. Works great for road riding/racing also. Also a good weight. Does NOT have problems other cut-outs have (i.e. no pressure around the cutout)

selle italia slr xp, selle italia flite, fizik arione, bontrager race.