Neuvation Cycling S3 Saddles

Natural leather top for durability and breathing. Extra long size for more riding positions. Relief areas for both pelvic bones and your plumbing. Flexible sides for added comfort. Extra long titanium alloy rails for better adjustment and reduced weight. 10.4 ounces 295 grams.

[Mar 22, 2010]
goldengator10

OVERALL
Strength:

weight
cost
customer service (via email)

should have bought it sooner

I'll start by saying I actually bought the S5 and there is no option to review that saddle.

The website lists the (S5) saddle at an astoundingly low 230g for a ~$30 saddle (i.e. reason I pruchased).

For all the "weight weenies," I weighed the saddle upon arrival and was plesantly satisfied with the 239g actual weight. A savings of 1/3lb from my previous Specialized with cutout for the nether region.

After 50+ miles, I am pleased with the saddle. Only $35 with shipping, light weight and good construction. There were no loose ends sticking out and it passed the "eye' test albeit plain black, it was still very nice.

On the bike and subsequent rides, I had to tweak the saddle height and position. I noticed a sligh tilt upward (~1-2%)giving me the most comfortable feel. The material wraps the whole saddle but there is an absence of plastic where other sddles would provide a cutout. This was a ice feature and does provide some extra compliance while riding.

After two rides of 20 and 30 miles, the saddle has performed well. The ride was very comfortable and no "numbness." I did experience a slight discomfort while riding in the drops for a significant portion of the ride, but at no point did I start to go numb (this was a regular occurance on the specialized with cutout that I quckly replaced).

All in all, I am very pleased with the purchase. It arrived in 4 days (3 fewer than stated n the website). The saddle is comfortable and there are no post ride saddle sores.

specialized

[Aug 22, 2007]

OVERALL
Strength:

Light - 200 grams, Ti rails
Well designed; quality workmanship
John Neugent's customer service
Great value w/o any compromise

I ride 200 miles a week, so, I was dreading the change from my comfy-but-heavy Rolls seat. Alas, I am very pleased with how firm but comfortable the new S3 seat is. The leather surface is soft to the touch, but kevlar build gives plenty of support for my 200 lb frame.

San Marco Rolls most recent.
Too many others to mention